Dour weather ....

19th December 2017 (Tuesday) .... 12.30     It’s not the bonniest of days as far as the weather goes;   overcast and damp.... but a good day for doing the things
This was the only time we saw the sun all day!
I need to do.    I’ve been to Anstruther, fuelled up the car (I remembered it is diesel in this car), and even did a small washing.   The washing will hang on a clothes horse until I come home.   The car I’ll take up to Brian and Moira’s after lunch.... and, apart from putting a few final things into the rucksack, I am ready to travel.      I had a relaxing break up at Jim and Myra’s, for coffee, in the morning... a fairly busy morning... but, apart from going to the beach first thing... hardly any walking.


22.30     I have managed to get myself organised for my holiday in Sussex.... rucksack packed, tickets in wallet (along with railcard), ..... and toothbrush.   The toothbrush I usually forget.    The car has been ‘moored up’ at Brian and Moira’s, (where Morven produced a lovely mug of coffee ... oops tea .... and we had a grand blether).    Moira then ran me home.   All I have to do is, unplug all the electrics in the morning.... apart from the fridge and freezer.    The taxi is picking me up, at 08.45 to take me to Kirkcaldy, where I ‘catch’ the London train at 09.44.

Mmmm .... there's 'something' on the Cockstail Rocks this morning!
I forgot to mention that there was a Grey Seal pup lying atop the Cockstail Rocks this morning;   it is the time of year for them.    If I remember correctly, the mother will come in and feed her offspring when the tide comes in.   It isn’t going far until the tide does come in.

Jim came down in the evening, for our weekly evening cuppa, and to discuss ‘things local’.    Jim is i/c Ivy while I’m away:   Iain might take a trip down.... if the ice has melted up at Auchnagatt.    I must remember to take my phone and charger with me;   the phone is charging just now..    Actually it may be fully charged by now:  I’ll check that immediately!    Less than one minute later;   yes it was (charged) and is now in my jacket pocket and the charger is in the rucksack.

It looks like we might get a few ‘sunny spells’ tomorrow.... and it is to be warm for the
Grey Seal pup.
time of year.    The outside temperature is 10.6 at Ivy just now .... inside 9... oops ... 20c.


I’d better get orf to bed... I want to be well rested for the train journey tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....