Bright, breezy and cold ......

9th December 2017 (Saturday) .... it’s a beautiful morning... yes it's frosty, and there’s a breeze taking a few more degrees off the temperature, but, well
Pre - sunrise sky this morning ..... overwhelming really.
wrapped up, it’s nice.     When I first went on to the beach it was above freezing, but the nearer it got to sunrise the colder my nose felt.    Of course I’m not “iggzactly” running around when taking photos, and I have to go down to the edge of the tide to get what I want, so the cold does get into the auld bones a bit.     Put it another way;   I’m glad to be in Ivy, downloading my photos, with my hands wrapped round a hot mug of coffee.    I think I may have gotten a few good ‘sunrise time’ pictures;   there was a bonnie, ‘pre sunrise’, red sky.... which is not a good omen.



20.00     Oh dear .... I sneezed a couple of times this afternoon.    Does this mean I
Elie .... a few minutes before sunrise.
have a cold coming on?   But .... forget about the sneezing;   I’ve had a good, productive day.     I had coffee in the Harbour House with Myra, Jim and Geoff, then went up to run Jimmy’s car for 10 minutes or so, to keep the battery from going flat, then picked up the paper on the way home.    (So far not much in the way of ‘production’ methinks).     Since then I’ve been ironing  bed linen for ‘JB’s bed .... and making the bed.    The washing I hung out this morning, didn’t completely dry ....    I brought it in, just as it began to freeze, and it’s now hanging on a ‘horse’ thing. 
Tomorrow is forecast to be cold, as in around freezing point, all day;  luckily there is only going to be a light breeze so wind chill will be negligible.    With the temperature being so low it will be cold enough without wind chill.    I’ll do some ‘ousework I’m thinkin’.

I had a quick walk on the beach last thing in the afternoon, and was pleasantly
..... and ... late afternoon.
surprised to find the beach considerably busier than I expected, with folk out for a late afternoon walk... some with dogs.   The humans were wrapped up... the dogs splashing around in the sea etc.


I don’t have a plan for tomorrow:  I may go to the kirk, whether I do or don’t, depends on how I feel.... and how cold it is.    I’m not keen on sitting in a cold kirk.    I’ll probably stay warm in Ivy doing housework etc.... and ... I might bake around o’ scones.     Since I decided to lose some weight I’ve been laying off baking, ‘cos I can’t resist fresh scones.

Strange ..... I feel ‘sluggish tonight;  I hope I’m not in for a cold!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....