Exciting sky ....

5th December 2017 (Tuesday) ... 09.00     Wellll ... I’ve been down on the beach, and I can tell you that it’s freezin’ (not literally) down there.    The
Elie this morning.
temperature, sheltered from the wind (F4-5) is around 5c, but exposed to the wind it feels -1c;  that said there was a busy, "John Constable" sky so that has been photographed to bits:  from the lee side of the Cockstail Rocks.   I think this is definitely a Christmas card writing, and posting, kind of day!



19.30    It has been a Christmas card writing day;   windy and cold, but at least not raining.    I wrote, and posted, my overseas cards;  and I took time out to go to Anstruther PO to post them.     There was a strong wind on Shore Road, Anstruther, so I didn’t go out on to any of the piers;  in fact I came straight home.    No I tell a lie;   I stopped at the ‘Paper Shop’ to get my paper.   

..... this afternoon....
I had a quick cuppa then went out my regular walk just now ... across to West Bay then home by way of the Chapel Green and the beach.   It was hard walking going out into the wind, but almost enjoyable on the way home.   Probably because I was looking forward to a well earned cuppa!      I met a couple of dog walkers, but that was all .... it really wasn’t ideal weather for bumbling around outside;  but the dogs wouldn’t know that!

Much of my day has been spent backing up my photographs onto DVD’s;  it takes a wee while (I make two copies), but they will give me something to look at when I reach old age.    I also back them onto external hard drives.

This year I have been printing a lot of different views on my cards:  next year I intend
... and sunset time.
choosing only four or five different scenes.    I am happy with the blank cards... they are ideal... and there are different surfaces.    I’ll be experimenting over the winter.

Well .... it looks like I have a couple of days of weather suitable for Christmas card writing coming up;  tomorrow and Thursday are both ‘not bright sunny and calm’:   today wisnae “iggzactly” exciting either ... apart from the sky.   Hey ... there might be some interesting sky photographs around over the next two days;  it’s an ill wind that doesn’t blow some good!   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....