The Boss's Birthday .....

5th July 2016 (Tuesday).... 08.30    “Happy Birthday to the Boss” who would have been 75 today.    Maggie is still ‘around’, solving any problems I may have;   all I do it say to myself “what would ‘The Boss’ do?”... and ....  problem solved!     Every time I sit on Maggie’s Memorial Seat,  instructions meander
Bill, Maggie, me, and Elaine at Salzburgh Austria in 1997 
into my brain .... in fact all the memorial seats are doing this;   and there’s a lot of memorial seats up at Chapel Green.   I shall have my afternoon coffee, and some contemplation time, up at Chapel Green when I get back from Kirkcaldy.    The photo of Bill, Maggie, me and Elaine was taken at Holensalzburg Castle when we visited Salzburgh in 1997.    Bill and Elaine were friends (from London) we met on the tour.


22.30     “Dot” would have been happy with her funeral/ celebration of life service at Kirkcaldy Crematorium this morning.... and the gathering at the Dunnikier House Hotel afterwards.    ‘Celebration of life’ services  are always a mix sad/happy emotions;   today had me back at Crathes, remembering ‘Dot’ when she was 17 years old, coortin’ Jimmy, who worked on the neighbouring farm .... a happy ‘quine’, with one of the widest smiles I’ve ever seen.   Jimmy and ‘Dot’ had been married for 66
Elie beach
years... and tomorrow (the 6th) would have been Dot’s 85th birthday.    “ How irretrievable time flies”(Tempus fugit) right enough.  
 I arrived back at Ivy just after 12.30, and spent half an hour contemplating life .... sitting in the Hutte with a cuppa.    Jimmy phoned to say that he wanted to go to Leven to put his car through the ‘car wash’ so we agreed on a time.... and both of us had ‘50’before setting off for Leven.   After doing the ‘car thing’ we did some shopping in the Bargain Store (the shop where I get my toothpaste at nearly half price), then went across the road to Sainsbury’s Cafe for a latte.   I was back in Ivy by 16.30.... and, in the mood for a walk along the beach.
Jim and Jimmy came down in the evening;  when we discuss anything that requires our
The Ferry beach
attention.    Tonight we did not talk ‘politics’.   We did talk about the Thompson (plumbers) family of Elie and Earlsferry.    
I am going to bring ‘M’, who is busy enjoying her sojourn in Bonnie Scotland, along to ‘the Royal Burgh’ tomorrow morning, and weather permitting we might go along to the Forth Bridges .... unless ‘M’ has somewhere else in mind.    The weather forecast is ‘good’ for the morning time, but clouding over with showers in the afternoon.

Photographs :  Top - Bill, Maggie, me and Elaine in Salzburgh Castle, Middle – Elie beach, and Bottom – the Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....