East wind with heavy Scotch Mist .... dreich!

9th July 2016 (Saturday) .... 09.30     Oh dearie me .... we have an easterly breeze this morning, and it has brought in  heavy Scotch Mist from the North sea;   it’s
Earlsferry beach this morning
“dreich”, and not very summer-ish at all!     Hopefully the wind will veer round to the West, (but that could take a while),....when it does, we might end up with a bonnie late afternoon/evening.    I’ve been down to the beach... and I wasn’t alone.    There were three dog walkers, a lone jogger ... and two blokes in swimming..... a busy place!     I had hoped to go out on the bike, but it’s too wet for that.    ‘Housework’? ..... Mmmmmm ... I’ll have to think about that!


20.00     The weather improved fairly quickly this morning, so I got the bike out and went down to the Sailing Club where, unsurprisingly, I bumped into Jimmy.    He, Jimmy, has had a problem with ‘his’ seat in the Club .... a young lady sat in it.   This is not good.    Sitting in Jimmy’s chair is tantamount to treachery and punishable .... very punishable.    The fact that she, was a ‘she’, probably saved her from a fate worse than having to drink a mug of the Hutte Finest every morning for a week.    Actually when I think of it ... that’s what I do;  drink a mug of the Hutte Finest every morning!   No wonder I’m ‘stressed oot aw the time’!
Stewart and Forrester
All was peaceful and calm down there this morning, with “Rabbie’s” tours (from Edinburgh) depositing a load of tourists;   who promptly scattered, cameras at the ready, to take photographs of “Elie from the Harbour”... on what was, by now, a bonnie morning.    There was ‘cricket on the beach’ outside the “Ship Inn”, and folks all over the place, enjoying the ambiance of an Elie morning.    The sea was flat calm... perfect for Stewart and Forrester going out on the Jet-Ski.   I don’t know how far they went but they disappeared  towards the North West after changing ‘drivers’ beyond the Beacon.   Jimmy and I had another cuppa, with a bacon roll for lunch, before I left for Ivy, stopping to get the paper on the way.
Luckily the garden was soaking wet, so I wasn’t able to do any real ‘work’ stuff;  it’s the weekend anyway.    I think I may be allergic to doing violent things .... like weeding!
Jimmy arrived so we had another cuppa ... this time sitting in the Hutte;  being
Elie Bay 
glowered at by ‘Blob’.    We fed him.    He continued glowering... so we fed him again!   Eventually he, ‘Blob’ seemed satisfied and began to preen himself.  
After another short spell of rain in the afternoon, we have a lovely evening;   I suspect that the word ‘romantic’ could be used when describing how it is. 
‘The Hobbit’ is on the television at 19.45 and I intend watching that.... however if the evening looks like being one of those balmy ones, I’ll have to take a break down to the beach!

 Photographs : Top – Elie beach this morning...  Middle – Stewart and Forrester on the jet-ski, and Bottom – Elie Bay at midday.- 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....