...it's warmer!

4th July 2016 (Monday)    09.00   ..... I’ll start today by  wishing all my friends in the USA a happy, and enjoyable Independence Day . Especial wishes to my nephew Gary, his wife Julie and their daughter Emma,  who are over in the USA on holiday, and will be celebrating the ‘Day’ in Boston.   Have fun ‘troops’.


We have a less windy morning, and therefore warmer;  unfortunately it is overcast, and
Hmmmmm .... there's a lot of bracken!
the weather forecast isn’t that good for the afternoon.    By that time the washing I have out will be dry!     I’ve been out on the bike... and had Elie harbour all to myself..... in fact, the villages were quiet, with only early start workers and a few joggers out.     Oh .... I forgot about breakfast .... nae wonder I feel weak and unable to do any ‘housework’!


20.00     The weather forecasters were accurate;   it did start to rain in the afternoon, and it’s still raining.... and looking miserable.    Luckily I’d done all the ‘outside’ things I wanted done .... such as
Elie harbour this morning
going for the paper, then going p to Elie again to the Chemist.    I went round to Jimmy’s but he was out, so I went up to the Estate, where I met Stewart, who was busy spraying bracken.    It was spitting rain by the time I got back to Ivy.   The bike I ‘moored up’ in the shed, and myself in the Hutte.  
Jimmy appeared after lunch, to say that his boiler wasn’t working properly.    After a cuppa in the Hutte, feeding ‘Blob’ etc, we went along to No 10, and organised a Worcester repair man to come out .... tomorrow.    To celebrate this momentous achievement, (getting a repair man), we went down to the Sailing Club to have a coffee, and watch the activities around the harbour.    There was quite a lot going on, even though it was raining by
... the harbour in the afternoon
this time.....  the Sailing Club was quiet. 
Janet, my sister, and I are going to “Dot’s” funeral, at the Kirkcaldy Crematorium, tomorrow morning, so I’ll have an early start;  the funeral is at 10.15.   “Dot” was an old friend of the family and we have many happy memories of ‘Dot, Jimmy and family’.    It will be a sad occasion, but ‘catching up’ with everyone, after the funeral service....  (the only ‘good’ thing about funerals).... will be the ‘pluses’.   

Photographs : Top – Stewart - Elie Estate,  Middle – Elie Harbour this morning,  and, Bottom -  Elie Harbour this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....