Elie High Street coned ....

12th July 2016 (Tuesday)  .... 09.00     We have a lovely ‘autumnal feeling’ morning..... overcast, dry and chilly on the hands.    I noticed rain showers over towards the West, but they won’t bother us ‘cos I have a washing on the line.   I’ve
Elie High Street (for the next eight weeks)
been round the villages on the bike, and was surprised by the number of folk out jogging, dog walking... and dog jogging!    I eventually ended up sitting on the Boss’s Seat;  and came away full of ‘instructions’, one of which was ‘bake some scones this afternoon’.   

Elie High Street has been ‘coned’ into two lanes width, for eight weeks, while the ‘Deli’ is being demolished.    It will be good watching the ‘new’ shop slowly grow out of the ashes of the old .... like the mythological ‘Phoenix bird’.    I’m hoping the ‘Deli’ facade will survive, if it does, the street front will look as it did before the fire.   

22.30     I must have accidentally hit some kind of ‘boost’ button, because it’s getting near to bedtime and I’m full of ‘get up and go’:  I think my body clock must be upside down.   
 This has been a busy day...  I’ve been  active all day, which including doing housework.    Mind you Jimmy phoned to say he was going along to St Monans, so I dropped ‘housewifely’ things .... I needed butter to bake scones.    In fact, I discovered,
Interesting sky over Elie Harbour
when I started to make the scones in the afternoon, that I was also short of sugar, ... so ... nae scones!     However I did get some nice photos of St Monans ... and I bought an RNLI cap at the “Nearly New Shop”, which Jimmy wanted to visit!    Molly (‘M’s wee 'big' sister) was ‘volunteering’ there this morning;   ‘M’ was at Crail for the day.    And, just in case you are wondering, I did remember to get butter at “Wheegums”  ... the Mace shop!
The ‘afternoon plan’ was to make scones, but that changed to going down to the Sailing Club on the bike, then up to Jimmy’s for a cuppa.    Someone hit one of his car wing mirrors, and he’d been sticking something back in place, so couldn’t move it:   the car i.e.... not the mirror!    Ye Gods, I’m making hard work of this tonight!     I came home via Elie Estate as per usual, so I’ve had a fair bit of biking exercise today.
St Monans Harbour
Jim and Jimmy came down, looking for scones, in the evening, but had to make do with chocolate biscuits.    However my Hutte Finest was of excellent quality tonight;   I made tea!    Tomorrow we’re going to the Coffee Morning in the Church Hall;   I’m picking up ‘M’ at 09.30 so we’ll start the day with ‘morning coffee!    I want to do a shopping in the afternoon... I’m hoping that ‘M’ is excited by this!

Photographs : Top – Elie High Street, Middle – Elie Harbour, and Bottom – St Monans Harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....