Chilly but nice ....

31st July 2016 (Sunday) ..... Mmmmm ... it’s a lovely morning for a walk.     I’m going to go over towards Shell Bay via Grangehill, up ‘Lady’s Walk’ to where Kincraig House used to be, and down the other side, via the old ‘Seaweed road’, to the
Kincraig Point
Coastal Path then follow it south and east, along the top of Kincraig to ‘The Royal Burgh’.    The weather forecast suggests a good chance of showers in the afternoon;   I should be back by then.  


 20.00    The walk this morning was tremendous:  the was weather perfect, and I met lots of folk who were, like me, out for a morning walk.    There was a lassie from Pittenweem, walking her dogs, on her favourite walk when the weather is good, as it was this morning, and a family from the Shell Bay ... oops ...  Elie Caravan Park , walking their dogs.    I also met three blokes from Germany, each with a huge rucksack, who were in the process of doing the whole length of the Fife Coastal Path, and expect to finish it on Tuesday... having started from Newburgh a few days ago.    There was also a young couple from the Czech Republic, who are living locally, and were out to take in the scenery.    Fife Coastal Path is the place to meet folk;   I’ll be doing that walk again.     Then again I could take the easier option, and sit on the Boss’s Seat and ‘ambush’ them there;   but that wouldn’t be  so enjoyable.    In fact, when I arrived at The Boss’s Seat (hereafter TBS), on the way home, there was a bloke doing press ups in front of it (TBS).    I remembered the days when I’d have done press ups ... now I felt ‘weak’ having thought
Looking east from Kincraig
about it.    The total distance walked was 7.2 kilometers (4.47 miles),....  in my meandering way.    While the clouds did thicken, and even looked ominous at times, we never had any rain .... the washing I dangled out, before I set orf, is dry... and ready for ironing.


Jimmy had spent the morning at the harbour:    parked up in his usual corner, where he fell sound asleep.... in the car.     When I was at the top of Kincraig I took a set of photos with the lens at full zoom, and there, on the south side of  one I took of the granary, is Jimmy’s car;  with him, presumably, sound asleep in it.   I know all this because Jimmy came along for a cuppa about half an hour after I arrived back at Ivy. 
The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is flexible(?) ... I haven’t yet got a proper one;  ‘plan i.e..    The weather is forecast to be much as it was today, so I’ll probably do a mix of ‘work’
Southeast from the West searchlight emplacement.
and ‘play’. 
 
Photographs : Top – Fife Coastal path at Kincraig Point, Middle – looking East from the ‘Peter and Joyce Carstairs Seat’ atop Kincraig, and, Bottom -  looking South east from the west searchlight emplacement:   the one from which a soldier fell to his death.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....