Vintage Bentley .....

10th July 2016 (Sunday) .... 09.30    After a bright start to the day, the sky is beginning to cloud over... with rain forecast by lunchtime.    I went out early to get the benefit of what was a lovely morning;   ‘bright and breezy’ and warm.    When I turned
Vintage Bentley
the corner onto South Street, at the bottom of Fountain Road I could hardly believe my eyes:  there  was a vintage Bentley ,..... “stood staunin” ...oops this is a Bentley  .... perfectly parked, with Elie Granary in the background, for taking photographs!    Having ‘crash landed’ off my bike I did this!     Took photographs i.e.    It was a contented boy who set orf for the Harbour five minutes or so later, where I sat, on a bollard, at the end of the pier, wondering where everyone was:   the beaches were empty... not even a single jogger, or a dog walker!    From the harbour biked along to Chapel Green, and contemplated the villages from that end.    There was one person on the beach, along near the Breakwater .... and a couple of dogs went past as I was sitting on “The Boss’s” seat, taking a man for a walk ‘roond  the Chapel’.    A nice morning for pondering;   before the rain arrives.



21.30    As predicted, the rain ‘arrived’, and has been fluctuating from ‘light to heavy’ most of the afternoon/evening.     Jimmy and I went along to Leven, to do some
The Bentley from the end of the pier
shopping, having first had a bacon roll for lunch, down at the sailing Club;  as good away to pass an hour, on a wet day, as any.    My afternoon was then taken up with watching Andy Murray winning the Men’s Singles at Wimbledon:   though I admit having to switch over to the Tour de France when Andy began to make me nervous!     I then phoned Jimmy to remind him that his was the afternoon of Iain and Anne’s (Murdoch) farewell ‘soiree at’ “Braid’s”.   As we’d expected there was a lot of happy people there, saying ‘cheerio’ to a lovely couple.   Iain and Anne are moving to Ayr, to be nearer their ‘family’.
Since then I have re-watched the end of the Men’s Final (Wimbledon),... had some food, and have been watching the Final of the European Football between France and
Anne and Iain's soiree ... Iain (inset) Anne, the lady in pink.
Portugal... now and again.    Mostly ‘again’.   

 I’m hoping better, day as far as weather goes, tomorrow, but the forecast is for it to be ‘brighter with showers’.   The ‘broon’ bucket is three quarters full of weeds and pruning.... and I’d like to do some more gardening tomorrow:  Michael and Janice are coming up at the end of the week!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....