Fresher air this morning ..., autumnal!

26th July 2016 (Monday) .... This is a morning for doing things ... ‘bright and breezy’ with a healthier coolness in the air.     I like this fresher air.
   Primrose was down at the harbour this morning, looking ‘prim’ and ‘rosy’ as she always does.    She is an amazing lady ... always smiling, in spite of what she has been
Happy Monday morning boy!
going through since she broke her arm.   We are lucky living where we do, though the villages were busy over the weekend.... which gave them a frenzied feel.   That said, it’s good to have folks around, bringing the old place to life.

Janice and Michael are going to ‘do’ the Kincraig cliff walk today;   I’m going to pick up ‘M’ and go ‘somewhere’ .... and have a coffee.    There has been a lot of overnight rain so I’m thinking Dunino Den may be too wet for a couple of geriatrics’ wandering around. 

23.30      Oh my word .... this has been an eventful, and absolutely enjoyable, day.    I picked up ‘M’ (from St Monans) and we decided to walk up Letham Glen, and walked a distance of 2.04 kilometres, on proper ‘made up’ paths;    suitable for walking on in any weather.    Letham Glen is a beautiful place, with some bonnie trees further up ‘the glen’.    It is much used by dog walkers;   who clean up after their dogs, because the paths were ‘clean’.   
From Letham Glen we went along to ‘Rejects’ (Kirkcaldy) to have a coffee, and goodie;  ‘Rejects’ Cafe didn’t have Fudge Doughnuts so I had an Apple Turnover instead, with healthy apples.... and a good layer of icing on top.   It was while in “Rejects” that I solved a problem that had been bothering me all morning.    I had been having a problem with  my trousers...because they kept creeping down!    I
Elie
discovered that, the belt, that was supposed to prevent them from falling down, was where it should be right enough;   but I’d forgotten to put it through the loops!    I must have been diverted by something on the tele! .... at least that’s my excuse.   There’s no denying it .... I’m made for tidying up!
On the way home we went into Sainsbury’s (Leven) to do a small shopping, and have a ‘lite bite’ lunch.   

Back at Ivy, with the messages stacked in their appropriate places, I sorted out the photographs I’d taken, while ‘M’ caught up with her e-mails.   
We’d decided to go along to the Anstruther Fish Restaurant for our ‘dinner’ but there was a queue for the tables so we went to “The Ship” for an aperitif – I was the driver, and drinking ‘water’, so Janice ‘M’ and Michael were able to have alcoholic beverages!    When we went back to the Fish Restaurant it was still busy, and we had a short time to wait before a table became vacant.    In actual fact only Michael and I
'M' in Letham Glen, Leven
had fish ‘n chips;  Janice had sausages, and ‘M’ had haggis... and all had more aperitifs!..... mine being more water.    It was brilliant seeing ‘M’ so happy and relaxed;   I think tiddley’ was how ‘M’ described her condition!    And so ended the prefect day.
Tomorrow I may go to Leven for a much needed haircut.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is much the same as what we had today .... mostly, ‘bright and breezy’,  with the chance of showers developing later

Photographs : Top – Stewart on his way to the Harbour, Middle – Elie Harbour, and Bottom – ‘M’ in Letham Glen.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....