Feeling fresh ... and frisky even

30th July 2016 (Saturday) .... 10.00    It’s a nice morning for pottering ‘up town’ and having a coffee;   I might do that later.    In the meantime I have the bunk
Earlsferry beach
‘bedding’ going through the machine, being as we have a good drying day, ... however showers are forecast for the afternoon.

There was a nice ‘freshness’ in the air when I went round the villages, on the bike, earlier ... it, the fresh air, reminded of Austria for some reason.   I wouldn’t mind going  back to Austria again;   but it wouldn’t be the same on my own.   I’ll bike up to Balcarres instead.   Must go ‘slight flap on’ .... I’m hungry.

22.00     Oh boy .... this has been a brilliant day.   The weather has been ‘nearly amenable’... meaning that we did get a rain shower, but only after I’d brought in the
The threatening clouds mentioned in the blog.
washing:    the greater part of the day has been ‘bright, breezy and sunny’.... a really good day for getting things done. 
 
I got into a walking mood after lunch, and set off up to Chapel Green, with the intention of going up to the top of Kincraig.    I never got higher that the top of ‘Lundar Law’.... which isnae very high (40 feet above sea level at the most).   It was from the top of Lundar Law that I noticed dark clouds coming over from the Northwest... so I hastily changed my walk ‘plan’ from, meandering up to the top of Kincraig,  to going ‘back to Ivy’, by the shortest route, so that I could keep an eye on the washing.    I’m definitely getting more ‘housewifely’ in my thinking ... a couple of years ago I’d have blundered up to Kincraig, got caught out in the rain,.... then remembered about the washing.    As it was, I got back to Ivy about 15 minutes before the rain, ... so I’m a ‘nearly happy bunny’.    Note to self;   I must remember to actually bring the washing ‘in’ before it starts to rain ...!
Golfer on the sixth fairway.

Although I have been busy today, I have taken ‘time out’ to play exercise by way of biking and walking.    The weather tomorrow is more or less a repeat of what we had today, which is fine;  I still have a pair of sheets to hang out.  
The ants have completely disappeared... I’m beginning to think the colony/nest might have been in my ‘broon’ bucket, because it was after I moved it to the front garden that they appeared, with the ‘I’m lost’ look.


Photographs : Top – Earlsferry beach, Middle – the threatening clouds that had me scampering home, and Bottom – golfer on the sixth fairway.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....