Bright, breezy and cool ......

27th July 2016 (Wednesday) .... 08.45    I found it cool on the hands when
Sleepy looking village.
out on the bike this morning, but it is a bonnie morning, “bright and breezy” as per weather forecast..... after a wet night.    I don’t know what the ‘troops’ are planning to do today;   I’m going to do some more gardening, now that I’m in that mood.    There’s plenty to do as everything, native and cultivated, is growing like the clappers;   Ivy garden is like a corner of Balcarres.    I like that.



23.30     Oh my word .... I’ve been up at the 19th with Janice and Michael, for a quiet drink (I had a half pint of some kind of lager and a latte) because this is their last night before they go home to Sussex.  “Bonnie” the Westie surprised me;   she settled ‘in’ nae bother, and took to my bed (when she could sneak in) like a duck to water.    I’ll miss them .... and will have to get used to things being quiet in Ivy once again.   

Sixth Green
Michael and Janice did the coastal path along the top of Kincraig this morning, then went along to Crail.    In the afternoon they walked over to the East Links  and had a look at the lighthouse and Lady’s Tower.   Michael took a photo from the top of Kincraig that had a couple of golfers on the sixth green.   By coincidence I took a photo, at the same time, of the same couple on the sixth green,....  from the Sea Tangle road.    I’d set out walking, thinking I’d meet Jimmy around “Alice’s Seat”, but he’d been out earlier than usual this morning, and I missed him.    However he did turn up at Ivy later in the morning, having been down at the Sailing Club for his ‘morning coffee’.

When Janice and Michael went off to the East Links I decided to do a Soduko to
Rock fall on the Chainwalk 'path'.
exercise my brain.    Did one, then had ‘50’ woke up, and did another Soduko, before writing ‘Ivy Cott’ on the ‘broon bucket.    This ‘broon’ bucket I’m claiming as my ‘own’, having washed three different ‘broon’ buckets over the past year.  
The ‘cool’ spell is forecast to continue tomorrow, and it is to be cloudier with more chance of showers.    We didn’t get any showers today did we?     No I don’t think we did.... but it has been ‘cool’.


Photographs : Top – a ‘sleepy’ looking Earlsferry from Chapel Green, Middle –  the sixth green, and Bottom – (Photo by Michael) ... a recent rock fall onto the Chainwalk path on the east side of ‘Pebble Beach’.    I wouldn’t cross this.   The Coastal Path folk will make it safe I imagine;   i.e. remove it.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....