The 'Troops' arrive ......

15th July 2016 (Friday)  .... 11.00    ‘Sooperior Dawg’, a 14 year old Westie, arrived in The Royal Burgh at  10.00.... she was accompanied by Janice and Michael, the ‘troops’.    “Bonnie” will want to let everyone know that she is in
Elie Bay - this morning
residence... and I have a funny feeling that everyone, within a half mile or so, will, definitely, know that she is.... somewhere around.    We’ve had a cuppa, and the ‘troops’, accompanied by Bonnie are orf up to Chapel Green to the ‘Boss’s Seat’.  

  I originally intended going out on the bike at 05.00, but it was spitting rain at 4.35, when I got ‘up’ and went out to the front gate, (in my pj’s) to check on the weather,.....  I went back to bed.     When I did, eventually, get ‘up’, at 06.30, it was dry so I went for a walk along the beach.    It is ‘quiet’, with hardly a breath of wind so we have one of those placid Firth of Forth mornings ... the kind of morning where I drift off into one of my ‘daydreams’.     A few
Ivy rose
other folks were out enjoying the early morning vibes, and  working up an appetite for breakfast.  


 22.00    The rain arrived, and has been with us on and off, varying from light to very heavy, since the early afternoon:  it has been a good day for catching up with the news from Sussex, and for updating Michael and Janice with our local ‘news’.   It has also been a great day for taking photographs of wet roses!   
“Rat Dawg” (she gets the name because that’s what Westies do ... catch, and kill rats) is i/c of me this evening;  Janice insisted on taking Michael down to ‘The Ship’ for a quiet drink.    I don’t think I have ever seen a dog so obsessed with looking for food:    “Puku” , bless his wrinkles, is envious!    I certainly won’t need to take the ‘oover out for the next couple of weeks!   
Ivy rose - this afternoon
It’s “Elie Fayre Day” tomorrow, down at the Harbour, starting at 13.00.    The weather forecast is ‘nae bad’ .... showers later but, being optimistic, not as nasty as some of those we had today.   “RD” travelled just over 500 miles last night, and seems to be having an early night! ..... so much for being the ‘guard dog’.     I’m tired too;   getting ‘up’ to see what the weather was like at 04.35, has caught up with me, so I might just poodle orf to bed with my book.    The ‘troops’ have their own key.  
Pictures : Top – this morning, Middle  and Bottom -  “Ivy Cottage” roses this afternoon! 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....