Autumnal morning .....

17th July 2016 (Sunday) ... 09.30    It was windy, spittin’ rain, and not exactly warm, when I went down to the beach;   however the rain never got beyond the
... all we need is some sunshine!
“spits and spots” stage  so I meandered about for half an hour .    There are brighter spots in the clouds, suggesting that it will brighten up later.    By the time I finish the scones that I’m going to bake this morning, it might be ‘bright and breezy’;  which (in spite of the onset of autumn ..... about six weeks early), is how I’m feeling this morning. 



   23.30     This has been a dreich kind of day mostly;   cold with rain at times.    It  brightened up enough in the evening, for me to do the ‘roond the Chapel’ walk;  I needed exercise after watching the golf most of the afternoon.     The sun very nearly broke through for a few minutes, and the wind dropped, so it felt much warmer ...  quite pleasant in fact.
Morning exercise

My morning ‘scone bake’ went very well.... but I was limited, owing to the fact I was short of SR flour, to baking six.    However the six scones that I did bake tasted very nice ... especially after Janice had spread them with clotted cream, and strawberry jam:  even better than a Duddleswell Cream Tea in Ashdown Forest!    Michael and Janice went out for a run to St Andrews, and brought more flour back with them... so, depending on the weather, I might bake again tomorrow.     Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be considerably better than today’s was;   cloudy up until around midday... then sunny, warm and breezy!    Tomorrow afternoon could be ‘summer’.

As I said earlier I spent most of the afternoon watching the  ‘Open’ golf from Troon. 
Evening time West Bay - Earlsferry
   I am totally impressed with Sky camera coverage of the golf... it’s just a pity I can’t afford to pay their prices.    That said, their coverage of golf is really good,.... but not as good as the BBC is with Nature programmes.
If the weather does turn out better ‘ra morra’ I might go out, on the bike, for gallivant .... I’m thinking Balcarres, because “Puku” does need exercise!   If I feel as frisky as I have done today, I could enjoy an hour or two on the bike.
Photographs : Top – The Ferry beach at 07.00, Middle – early joggers/ dog walkers, and Bottom – evening time at West Bay, Earlsferry.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....