Autumn!

13th July 2016 (Wednesday) .... 08.45    We have a bonnie, ‘autumnal’ feeling, morning;   but, it’s cold on the hands when out on the bike.   I’m feeling ‘active’ and have been since I got ‘up’ at 05.45.    There’s a washing out on the line
Cruise ship "Wind Surf" leaving the Firth last night
(it’s a perfect drying day), and,.... pulled  a couple of weeds when I was out there.    Since then I’ve been along for the paper, and had a run down to the harbour..... where I was surprised to find someone else out for some morning exercise.    It is a really good morning for being ‘active’... there’s a  fresh breeze from the Northwest... but it is cool... however, it should warm up, when the sun gets going. 


22.00     It did turn out to be a nice, warm day, though heavy showers in the afternoon dampened it down ... just a bit.  However after the showers had passed over, we had a really gorgeous evening.     In fact ‘M’ and I went down to the beach to enjoy the evening sunshine .... and to walk orf some of the food we’d consumed today.    “Puku” is happy.
I picked up ‘M’ from St Monans, as per today’s ‘plan’, and, having picked up Jim (we are back in Earlsferry now.... and Myra had need of Jim’s car) we went to the Coffee Morning.     Jimmy was already ensconced at the ‘Boy’s Table’... and had scoffed most
'M' on her way down to the beach
of the cakes!  There was a good turnout at the “CM” .... including a few ‘visitors’, and ‘M’ had a grand time, chatting to, near enough, everyone....and won a bottle of wine in the raffle.
The ‘master plan’  for the afternoon was for me to get some shopping in, so went straight to Leven after we’d deposited ‘M’s wine at Ivy.    We started out by having a ‘lite lunch’ in Sainsbury’s Cafe, before doing the shopping... which didn’t take very long, and we were back at Ivy by 14.30.    We.... well ‘M’ discovered that I had bought eggs today... and that I already had eggs;   however they were ‘out of date’ (just), so I used that as my excuse.  Today’s eggs are for ‘bacon and egg’ breakfasts that Michael and Janice might want!   ‘M’ found Basmati rice ‘bag things’ that are perfect for people living on their own, .... and done in the microwave.   When I think of it, I might get ‘M’ to ‘browse’ me round Sainsbury’s for
'M' admiring the scene from the beach
other ‘single portion, stuff.
For some reason that I can’t explain, I ended up making out evening meal early ... as in two hours early, so we didn’t get out anywhere else today.    We had thought of Tentsmuir, or Dunino Woods, but, we needed more time to do either of those justice.     Next time we’ll do Tentsmuir ...which will be a picnic day out!
Tomorrow I’ll get ready for Michael and Janice arriving.... with ‘Rat Dawg’ (Westie).

Photographs : Top – Cruise ship Wind Surf, Middle – ‘M’ and Bottom – ‘M’ enjoying the ambiance of Elie and Earlsferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....