It's getting warmer ....

18th July 2016 (Monday) .... 10.00    Oh my word ... it may be overcast but it’s warm already;   and it is forecast to be sunny, and hotter, in the afternoon... and even hotter tomorrow.    Hot = lethargy .... not nice.    Wednesday is going to be lovely, ....hot and wet!

‘The Troops’ are away to Kirkcaldy to do some shopping, so, I have been doing ‘ousework:    the intention is to go out on the bike in the afternoon.   Michael and Janice will be going to the beach to soak up the heat and sun;   I’ll be biking through Elie Estate, under the trees and out of the sun.  
Janice Bonnie and Michael - Earlsferry beach


22.00     Oh ... this heat is just too much;   even I thought of wearing shorts, then  thought again ... of my legs.   That was not a pretty ‘thocht’.    However, on the first really warm summers day they’ve had,  Michael and Janice went down to the beach in the afternoon;  taking “Bonnie” with them.    I decided to go down and get some summery beach photos;   it would be easy finding them.... all I had to do was listen for “Bonnie” going ‘off on one’.    There was I, ‘stood staunin’ on the bents, listening out for Bonnie, for three minutes at least;   but to no avail.    Either they had gone round to West Bay, or Bonnie was fast asleep!    I went down to the sand, and found them, ‘nae bother’, basking in unfamiliar sunshine, with “Bonnie” in a corner where she couldn’t see any other dogs.   Janice took “Bonnie” to the water’s edge (the tide was full ‘in’) so that I could get a few summery pictures;  she, Bonnie saw another dog... and, off ‘on one’ she went!   Anyway I got the beach photos I wanted, then left the ‘troops’ to lap up the sunshine:   I was going for the run I’d promised myself earlier, ... through Elie estate on the bike.   

Janice and Bonnie - paddling
It was perfect up in the Estate, ... warm, and peaceful, in the shade.   On the way home I stopped at the stunning, ‘wild flower meadow’ at St Ford and took a few pictures of the flowers.    It was breezy, and I must go back with the Canon camera, which would cope with the different bright colours better.... though I am extremely happy with what I got today.     I did find the ‘honesty’ jar, and happily made a donation.... it was well worth it.

Michael is fitting a new light above the front door .... the old one had been there since 1980 and the cover had disappeared in one of last winter’s gales.    I’d replaced the cover with heavy duty, clear tape:  it didn’t look ‘pretty’ but serviceable ... a bit like my
Earlsferry beach
legs.

We have had a lovely day today, and tomorrow is forecast to be warmer, so much so that there is a weather warning out for Fife.... threat of thunderstorms from late afternoon through until Wednesday morning! 
Photographs : Top – The ‘troops’, Middle – Janice and “Bonnie” paddling.... “Bonnie” refuses to get her feet wet, and, Bottom – The Ferry beach this afternoon. 

PS    The new light is in situ, and considerably bonnier, and brighter, than the old one.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....