Maggie's ashes ....

22nd July 2016 (Friday) .... 22.00    I’m sorry to have been so late in updating ‘ The Hutte’ today, but I haven’t been malingering... I’ve just been ‘on the go’ from morning to evening.    The weather has been less summery than the past few days,
Elie Harbour this morning
but nice enough... being mostly overcast and warm, with occasional sunny intervals, and occasional light showers.   
I started my day, by going down to the Elie Harbour beach there was hardly a breath of wind... so there would be reflections on the water.    I walked out to where I wanted to be, and had an enjoyable 20 minutes.    Back on the pier I met a man out taking photos of birds so we chatted about our hobby.    On the way home I got a paper, then headed back to Ivy, where I dropped off the milk and paper, then went up the Boss’s Seat  for ‘instructions’.

By the time I got back to Ivy, Michael had breakfast underway.... a very welcome egg and Lorne sausage sandwich!     “Puku” is enjoying life just now!     After breakfast I
The Dome Park
went along to St Monans to pick up ‘M’, who was bound to have been missing me.   We, ‘M’ and I, went along to ‘The ‘Store in Ainster’ to get some nibbles etc for food, (I was i/c catering), and came home by the Kellie Castle road.
As was ‘planned’ today we liberated Maggie;  set her free from the urn she’s been in for just short of seven years.    Maggie, born in 1941, was a daughter of the ‘Royal Burgh’, and today she returned to her native soil, her ashes being placed in three different locations around Chapel Green... the Dome Park , as requested by Maggie, getting by far the largest amount.    As Iain said...in a typical Lawrie statement:  “Mhiraid will have some job sorting hersel’ oot ... her eyeballs are in one place, her legs in another, and body somewhere else!”   Maggie would have laughed at that .... and, it’s “iggzactly” what she would have expected from us.   From then on I felt that Maggie was there with us and, as in the ‘old days’, having a real laugh ... and letting us know where she wanted to be!
Now that we have scattered/buried Maggie’s ashes as per request, I feel happy that
Maggie being 'liberated'.
‘she’ is now where she ‘wants’ to be:   one of the chosen places being ‘The Boss’s Seat’, which now has potent powers, because we buried a small amount of ashes behind it.  (On land, you have to either bury ashes, as dogs are rather partial to them, or scatter them where dogs rarely go). 



Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be “bright early, then clouding over, with showers later”.     Much the same as today .... but cooler.     I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow, though I’d like to get out on the bike to unwind.    Today,  ‘stressful’, and emotional at times, has been ‘happy’ ... the way Maggie would have wanted it.

Martin and Catriona standing, Iain, Me, Jimmy and Michael sitting.
Photographs : Top – the ‘Dome’ Park,  Middle – Maggie’s ashes being ‘liberated’, and Bottom – Martin, and Catriona standing, Iain, Me, Jimmy and Michael, seated.... on the, by now, ‘potent’ Boss’s Seat!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....