Thunderstorms around us ......

20th July 2016 (Wednesday) .... 09.30   Oh my word ... it’s turning awfie dark to the Southwest, and thunder can be heard ‘rolling around’ in the distance;   it
Before the storm
might be going to rain soon.   It was bright earlier, with occasional blinks of sunshine... and we did have spits and spots of rain when I was out for the paper.    This must be the ‘Yellow weather warning’ stuff coming in now.   I am slightly perturbed by this as I intend walking along to the Church ... car parking is seriously limited in Elie just now. 


22.30      Bring on the nice cool days of Autumn this heat is causing me to have a touch of the ‘leth’ (lethargic)!    Since the main thunderstorm period passed over this morning, we’ve had ‘hot, sunny and humid’... a nice afternoon for the digging holes in a ‘beach’.   
All is quiet again

Brenda’s Commendation Service was beautifully done... and well attended.   I went upstairs to my usual seat in the gallery, but decided to go “down into the body o’ the kirk”... and sat beside Alan.    I saw Edwina and Bruce, and meant to stay and talk to them after we left the church, but as soon as I got out I set  to walk home;   Jimmy was coming along to Ivy at 14.30,so that I could take him to Leven for a Lidl’s shopping.
The ‘troops’ visited Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy and Leven today .... and were back in Ivy by the time Jimmy and I got home from Leven.  Michael bought another outside light.... this one to replace the one above the back door.   Ivy Cottage is much brighter now,
busy sky
both outside and inside;  Michael has been replacing the energy saving lights I have been using, with more efficient, and brighter ones. 
The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘bright and breezy’, with the threat of showers.... much more acceptable, but less exciting than it was today.     I was down on the beach in the evening, and you could see another thunderstorm rolling over the Lammermuir Hills.   

Photographs : Top – Elie Lighthouse before the storm, Middle – Elie ... all is peaceful again, and Bottom –a ‘busy’ sky this evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....