Lovely morning ..... but cool

7th July 2016 (Thursday) .... It looks like we are going to have a ‘bright and breezy’ day .... a good day for getting a washing dried.    This is good, because the washing I put out yesterday is still on the line!    ‘M’ and I are going to take Jimmy
Elie
along to Lundin Links for his ‘physio’.   Jimmy will be there for an hour, so, instead of waiting at Lundin Links, ‘M’ and I will go on to Leven, then pick up Jimmy on the way back.


21.30     I have had an ‘attack’ of ‘Scottish mauchless’ today, brought on by the temperature in Ivy garden being 24c at one point.    It has been a beautiful day, but too hot and airless for me.    This meant that ‘M’ and I had a quiet afternoon watching the tennis;  ‘M’ was knitting, while watching... I fell sound asleep. 
Luckily we had been ‘active’ in the morning:   taking Jimmy along to his physio appointment, then going to Leven, where ‘M’ had hoped to get her hair cut, but the hairdresser was too busy.    We had a cuppa, and a buttery, in Stuart’s, before browsing a couple of charity shops.    On the way home, from Leven, we did remember to stop at Lundin Links to pick up Jimmy.   Jimmy and I decided that ‘M’ needed to have a coffee

A thoughtful 'M'
in the Sailing Club:   which is where we spent a pleasant hour chatting and watching the folk wandering around, mostly aimlessly, enjoying the sunshine.   Getting from the harbour back up to Elie was not easy.... we ended up getting stuck in traffic at both ends of the Toft, or ‘Ship Inn’ street.   Once everything was sorted out, and we were back moving again, we reached the conclusion that it, the traffic at The Ship Inn, hadn’t actually been too bad today.... because it will get worse.    I never take Sooper Buggy down to the harbour in the summer(?) time.... it’s bad enough going long that street on the bike!
In the afternoon after I woke up (I’d fallen asleep watching the tennis) I went and pruned the Clematis, which was send ‘tentacles’ out in ‘every direction, threatening a takeover of the Hutte even!
I took ‘M’ back to St Monans this evening.... she, and her sisters have loads of things to do, in the time she is over here.    I take her out to see bits and pieces of  Fife whenever I can.   
Michael and Janice are coming up from Sussex at the end of next week, for 10 days or
Busy sky over Earlsferry
so, so I’ll have to get Ivy organised for them.   It will be good to see them;  we might find time to deal with Maggie’s request re her ashes, if we can get most of the ‘troops’ together at one time.
If it doesn’t rain before midnight tonight, this will have been the first whole day, (as in 24 hours worth from midnight to midnight), that we will have had no rain since ‘M’ arrived on the 9th June!    I think this may well be the day;   but there are heavy clouds around that may yet spoil it!

Photographs : Top – Elie Harbour, Middle – a thoughtful ‘M’ this evening, and, Bottom – a busy sky, and the Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....