Lovely, 'fresh' morning .....

8th July 2016 (Friday) .....  11.00    “Happy birthday to my nephew Martin;    Have a great day!”    Cake is allowed .... on birthdays!
We have a nice morning... ‘bright and breezy’... and dry though we have had some rain
Ian and Jimmy at St Monans
overnight;   this has left us with a ‘fresh’ feel to the air.      I do believe that yesterday was the first completely dry day:   a day without any rain, since ‘M’ arrived;   no wonder Bonnie Scotland always looks fresh and green!      It looks like being a bonnie day today.     Jimmy and I are visiting Chris (Windmill) this afternoon;  if it’s warm we might get a seat outside in the garden.    It’s always ‘stuffy’ inside on a hot day .... and I always end up feeling faint.

I’ve been up to Elie on the bike this mornin g, but oh my word... I’m a ‘bag o’ nerves’ and glad to be back in Ivy....  the streets were busy with cars.    Usually I’m out earlier but I needed to go to the Chemist.     I’d better get the kettle ‘on’ .... Jimmy will be along for a morning cuppa soon.

21.30    I do believe we might be having a, ‘touch of summer’, weather ....   I like it. 
Elie
We’ve had a bonnie day.... I suppose if we had to complain it has to be about the wind, but even that wasn’t cold.    Jimmy and I visited Chris and she was really good:    I don’t understand it, but it seems that, with leaving a bigger gap between visits, Chris is happier to see us when we do ‘turn up’.    Once you get Chris switched into ‘happy mode’ she begins to sing;  today she hardly ever ‘moaned’ about ‘this place’... except to say that “you won’t get tea”.    But we did.   We didn’t sit outside .... it was a bit too windy for that, but the Lounge wasn’t ‘stuffy’ today, and I felt good all the way through.
On the way home we went down to St Monans harbour to see the new engine Ian has fitted into his boat, “Shearwater II”.   We’d just missed him running it, but it is in place and only needs the finishing touches, before he is back at the creels again.

Elie
Our afternoon finished with a cuppa in the Sailing Club (Elie) where we watched folks, going about their various holiday activities, both on and orf the water.     The villages are filling up, and, if the weather continues ‘summery’ we could be in for a busy weekend.   That said, the weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t that good;   early rain, followed by showers and a change of wind direction to the East for a while.... although it should be warm in the sun.

Photographs : Top – St Monans, Middle – Elie, and Bottom – The South end of ‘The Toft’ at the Ship Inn, Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....