Fresh and breezy ....

23rd July 2016 (Saturday) ... 11.00    wellll .... I slept ‘in’, and missed the best part of the morning;   and the roads around the villages will be busy with cars by
My drill being used!


now.    I’ll bike up the ‘Ferry Road’... in the general direction of Balcarres, away from the local ‘hustle and bustle’.    I need to have a relaxing poodle round up in Balcarres Estate to unwind after the emotional day we had yesterday.    The weather is nice for biking, mostly ‘bright and sunny', with a cooling breeze from the southerly direction.  

  22.00     The road was too busy this mornin, for me to go out on the bike anyway;  so I
Sailing ship and Bass Rock
relaxed by baking scones and Melting Moments.     Janice and Michael went to St Andrews, by way of the ‘95’ bus, .... and a change of viewpoint from the top deck of the bus.   The ‘95’ poodles it’s way round the coastal part of the East Neuk, and takes an hour to do, what is a very scenic route.

Most of my day was spent baking, and entertaining Jimmy when he dropped in for a cuppa.     I did have the added responsibility of making sure “Bonnie” didn’t wander orf;   at one point she did disappear, and I did switched into ‘major flap on’ state.   Where did I find her?    Stretched out, and sound asleep on my bed!
Having had no real exercise all day .... I decided to go for a daunder along the beach in the evening.   Although late, the beach was busy, but then it is the busiest time of the year;   you can see that from the number of cars parked in “The Royal Burgh” ... it’s
Scabious flowers
choc a bloc.   Unfortunately none of the cars are ‘classic’ ones so nae photographs:  of course I could take a picture of ‘a street full of modern cars’ but it would be boring.   I ended up doing the beach/Chapel Green walk ... on what is a quiet evening.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is for it (the weather) to be much the same as it was today ...though there may be more chance of a shower, especially in the afternoon.    We ‘plan’ on going to St Andrews for lunch, and perhaps even a wander around on the Old Course, which you can do on a Sunday.
Photographs : Top – my drill being used .... something it hasn’t experienced often,  Middle – sail boat leaving the Firth ... probably a cruise boat, and Bottom – Scabious (scabiosa) flower.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....