Tay Road Bridge and Tayport .... .....

6th July 2016 (Wednesday) ....  09.00     Hey .... it was cold on the hands when out on the bike this morning;   a bonnie morning but a definite touch of autumn
Tay Road Bridge
in the air.   I ‘did’ the villages from Chapel Green down to Elie harbour, (at 06.30), stopping to get the papers on the way home.    Since then I have rattled round Ivy with the ‘oover, and done a perfunctory dusting;   the auld place is looking ‘good’;   almost ready for ‘M’ to inspect.    We’re eating ‘out’, at Jim and Myra’s, this evening so I don’t need to worry about food;   Jim is i/c that!    All I have to do is bumble along to St Monans to pick up ‘M’ at 09.30.


23.30     This morning I successfully bumbled along to St Monans , to pick up ‘M’.    Over a cuppa in the Hutte, we decided to go up to the Tay Bridge then on  to Tayport for a change of scenery;   ‘M’ hadn’t set foot on the bridge, and had never visited Tayport so it was going to be an exciting experience .... especially being in my company(?).    I wanted different photographs and this was my way of getting them.
We only wandered along the Tay Bridge for about 100 metres;  the ‘light’ was good and I was happy, and got some bonnie pics with ‘M’.... my ‘model’ for the day, on them.    We then continued on to Tayport, which turned out to be a really interesting place.... more so down at the harbour, which, though now full of pleasure craft, had, in its day been a big, and busy place.     We met a local resident, who was able to tell us
M at Tayport harbour
some of the history of it ... the harbour.    At one time Donaldson the Timber Merchants, imported to their facility at Tayport.    I’m not sure if they moved to Methil, or were already there, when they stopped using Tayport, but, apart from the mooring rings and bollards, for the big boats, there is absolutely no sign of Donaldson’s at Tayport now.
Bearing in mind that we were going to Myra and Jim’s for dinner, we had a light lunch at the Harbour Cafe in Tayport.    This is an interesting place, run by volunteers, from, and for, the local Community.     The homemade soup, and sandwiches that we had, were both exceptional,....  and tasty.   
We had a lovely evening at Myra and Jim’s.   Primrose and Geoff had also been invited, so we had great company, and great food.    Jim is a brilliant cook, and everyone congratulated him on his culinary skills.   I don’t think I could even begin to
Cormorant at Tayport Harbour
think of creating a three course meal for six folk.
‘M’ and I have had a busy and satisfying day:   tomorrow will be slightly more restful I’m thinking!

Photographs: Top – ‘M’ admiring the Tay Road Bridge, Middle – ‘M’ at Tayport harbour, and Bottom – cormorant ‘hanging out the washing’ at Tayport.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....