EKC Balcarres walk .....

2nd July 2016 (Saturday) ....  09.00     The first thing I noticed when I went outside this morning was the temperature ....  it  is not warm!     Apparently the ‘jet
EKC walkers on Balcarres
stream’ is south of us and bring cold air down from cauld places....an ‘ early autumn’ feel to summer.    It will be a good day for being on Balcarres though there will be showers by the look of the rather attractive looking clouds that are scuttling over on a very brisk west wind:   some of the showers, later in the afternoon, could be heavy and thundery.    Not what I want to be caught out in;  though I will be wearing a waterproof jacket,....  because of the cold air.    I’d better ‘go’ the kettle will be ‘on’ in Colinsburgh Town Hall. 


   20.30     We had a great walk through Balcarres ... well, those that walked did;   I went on my bike so that I could get some photos of the ‘walkers’ at different locations.... coming towards me.    Had I been walking, all the photographs would have been ‘back views’ of folks disappearing into the distance!    Because this was organised as a ‘cluster’ walk we had folks from Upper Largo, and St Monans with
... near Sprattyhall, Balcarres 
us.... a total of 39 ‘walkers’;  40 counting myself.... and five dogs.   I biked 9.1 kilometres (5.65 miles) from Colinsburgh Town Hall through the Estate and back to Colinsburgh Town Hall .   I didn’t follow the exact route that the ‘walkers’ did, but I think they would have covered, give or take a couple of hundred metres, the same distance.    The weather was fine right up to the last 10 minutes when we caught the edge of a heavy shower.     All of us were ready for the soup, sandwiches, coffee/tea and goodies that some, ‘hard working girls’ had prepared, while we were out pottering around Balcarres Estate.    Yes it was a really nice way to spend a few hours .... I really enjoyed myself... and I’m sure everyone else did too.    I travelled 17.5 kilometres (10.8 miles) on the bike  today;    so we have one tired boy  updating The Hutte tonight.

Jimmy came along later in the afternoon, and we had a quiet cuppa in ‘The Hutte’...
The last group  100 metres from 'home'..
feeding ‘Blob’ and friends.    One or two heavy showers passed over when we were sitting in there;  in fact I thought we were going to have hailstones at one time;   it has been cold enough.    I’m back to wearing ‘winter’ togs!     A  mug of hot chocolate, catch up with the news on the television, and  an early night in bed with my book;   yes ...  the perfect way to end a ‘perfect day’.
Photographs : Top – The ‘Double Dykes’ road on Balcarres estate, Middle – near Sprattyhall Farm, and Bottom – the final group arriving at Colinsburgh ....it was starting to rain at this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....