Busy day ...

14th July 2016 (Thursday) ... 10.00     Oh my word .... I have been a busy  ‘laudie’  this morning, having done a quick ‘orbit’ of the villages on the bike, and got
Elie at 06.45
the washing out.    I’ve even made another ‘washing line’ so that I can hang out the ‘downie’ cover at the same time as the sheets etc.    Talking about... actually writing about downie covers;  it was a real fecht getting the downie into the new cover this time.      Usually I get it ‘nae bother’, but, today  got the corners mixed up and it all ended up in one big tangle .... I was even inside the downie cover at one time.    However it’s done now, and I’m having a, much needed, celebratory cuppa.
  

22.00     I’m ready for the ‘troops’ (Michael and Janice) arriving, though still not sure when that will actually happen.     I think they may be driving up overnight;  in which case I won’t expect them until breakfast time tomorrow.
Although I had the beds to ‘sort’, this morning, that didn’t take long;   once I’d mastered getting the downie into its cover.  With this being a perfect ‘drying day’, the bedding I washed is dry, ironed, and ready for use.   According to my ‘M’ .... ironing is not ‘green’.... so I didn’t (Iron);  just folded the sheets, and downie cover neatly, then hung them on a ‘horse’. 
  
The 'Bentley' wit Earlsferry in the background
Jimmy came along in for his morning cuppa, after his morning walk;   as is normal our conversation covered various topics .... including ‘Boris’ becoming Foreign Secretary, and the PM (Theresa) coming up to Scotland tomorrow.    I’m hoping she , the PM, is a proper ‘listener’... i.e. someone  who actually listens.   Myself, I’d be happy for Scotland to remain in the UK , but I’d also like ‘us’ to be a member of the EU in some way.   British politics is interesting just now.    The Labour Party?    Aye well... they seem keen on self extinction.
Today would have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ day .... but, that is ‘Closed’ for the ‘holiday’ season.    However, Honor has been baking for the Elie Fayre Day on Saturday, and, to protect Jock from developing a paunch ... er..  puku, she, Honor, invited Lexie, Jimmy and myself, along to sample some of the goodies that will be on sale in the WRI
Early morning dip
stand.     We couldn’t let Jock down, so we scoffed all the samples on offer, and there were many, while Jock sat and drooled ... no, I jest,...  Jock had to do his ‘Delivery Service’ so he didn’t suffer having to watch us devour ‘his’ goodies.     “Puku” is a contented puku tonight.    I imagine Jock will be pleased that his friends made this small big sacrifice for him!
Michael and Janice are leaving Uckfield about now (22.15), and won’t arrive here until sometime tomorrow morning.    The weather forecast for us tomorrow is not awfie nice... rain moving in from the West during the morning time.    I’ll get ‘up’ and out before it gets here.

Photographs : Top – Elie at 07.00, Middle – the other side of the “Bentley” with the Royal Burgh in the background, and, Bottom – this dog was enjoying his/her morning walk... oops ... swim!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....