Nice morning ....

26th July 2016 (Tuesday) ....  08.00   It’s a nice, ‘bright and breezy, fresh morning ....  a morning for pottering around on the bike.   However, instead of ‘pottering around on the bike’,  I’m going to Leven to get a much needed haircut...
Janice and me on the Old Course St Andrews
 right now I look like one of those things with long necks,... you can see them in a field up at Arncroach ..... got it .... an Alpaca!     Orf to have breakfast. 


23.30    At last .... I have lost the ‘Alpaca look’, and feel much more comfortable.     I went to Elie to ‘catch’ the “No 62” bus, that was supposed to be in Elie by 08.51 but never turned up ... so I got on the “95”,which was on time at 09.14.    I was lucky in the hairdressers as a lady, her hair covered in bits of aluminium foil, had to wait half an hour, until whatever was inside the foil, had done it’s stuff.    I was taken straight away, and was ‘sat sittin’ in Stuart’s, with a coffee and German biscuit, ten minutes later!

On the return journey I met ‘Chippy’ Hughes, who I used to play golf with years ago.   We were still catching up with each other’s news when the bus reached Elie!    I then
Elie
had a pleasant walk home to Ivy.

Most of the afternoon I spent working in the front garden ... pruning a lilac tree.    I think it’s a lilac tree but it never flowers so it may another kind of tree ... walking sticks comes to mind.    The rain came and, quickly, dampened my enthusiasm .... so I made a cuppa.    Michael and Janice arrived back from a trip to Dundee ,... and Janice made a cuppa.    I’ve done alright for liquids today!

We had  an ‘Ardross Fish Pie’ for dinner tonight... and it was scrumptious.     The best I’ve ever tasted.    Better even than their ice cream with tablet in it!
The rain is still with us, giving a dreich evening.   I had hoped to go down to the beach but I’ll leave that until tomorrow morning, because the rain is supposed to move away
Elie
overnight.   Tomorrow is forecast to be nice, “bright and breezy”, though still cool, with more cloud developing in the afternoon.    I’m going to be .... ‘up’, and out early.

Photographs : Top – Janice and me on the Old Course, Middle  and Bottom – Elie Harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....