Could be showery ....

11th July 2016 (Monday) .... 10.00    Jings;  I retired thirteen years ago... and, out of the blue, this morning, I have the ‘Monday’ feeling!   This is worrying me
Leaving Elie .....
.... have I been working too hard lately?   I did pull a few weeds yesterday .... but, only a handful, surely not enough to cause the ‘Monday morning’ blues?    I’ll have to do some relaxing things today!

 It’s a nice enough morning, but there are clouds around so we’ll probably catch a shower later.    When I was out on the bike I met Alan, at the Breakwater, with his dog.   We chatted, about various ‘local’ things including the  fact that the vintage Bentley is not conveniently parked for taking photos of this morning!   Alan took orf along the beach ;  I set of for Elie Estate, but went down to the harbour instead.    I reckoned that the Estate road would be wet after all the rain we had yesterday!

22.00    In spite of the shock of having worked too hard over the past few days;   I pulled a few more weeds this morning.    It was raining by the time Jimmy came along, for his morning walk , so we had a cuppa, then I went up to the Chapel Green with him.    I pottered around with the camera, when Jimmy was walking round to ‘Alice’s Seat’, where I eventually joined him.    The sky was beginning to get ‘heavy’ over the cliffs so we scampered back to the car and
Elie
went down to the Sailing Club for a coffee.... and ended up having bacon roll for lunch.
This afternoon I fancied making macaroni cheese... (for some unknown reason, since having my hip done (a year ago) I haven’t been able to get into ‘gear’, for cooking or baking)... today, I was in that kind of mood.    Luckily I had all the ingredients to hand;   and I had an enjoyable time in the kitchen.    I might bake scones tomorrow afternoon!
Wellll ...  the Conservatives certainly got themselves sorted out with a new leader quick enough;   ..... which is more than can be said of the Labour Party, who seem bent on self destruction.    If the Labour Party can’t ‘govern’ themselves, they are most certainly not ready to ‘govern’ the country.   That’s politics sorted!
The weather for tomorrow is forecast to be ‘bright and dry’ though there will be more clouds around in the afternoon.    I’ll go out on the bike early .... before the roads get
Heavy shower clouds
busy.

Photographs : Top – Yacht ‘Hilarity’ leaving Elie, Middle – this one was scuttling around the bay at the same time as the yacht, and Bottom – all those lovely clouds to admire ... and four empty seats.    Jimmy and I were ‘sat sittin’, on the Boss’s Seat.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....