Yacht Noreen .....

25th May 2016 (Wednesday) ... 11.30     It’s overcast and cold, with a boisterous ENE wind;   however the clouds do occasionally look like breaking up and
Yacht Noreen anchored in Elie Harbour
letting the sun through... which should make it warmer out of the wind., in the afternoon.
   I’ve been to B n Q’s in Leven, and bought enough stain to finish orf the chairs;   I won’t be doing any of that (staining chairs) today, unless I get something done in the evening time;  it could turn balmy then,  if the wind moderates.
We have the Colinsburgh ‘Lite Lunch’ today, so I don’t need to worry about making much in the way of food .... this does now please “Puku”.    I think I’ll take the car .... it too cold and windy for me biking.
21.30     It didn’t ‘turn balmy’ in the evening, if anything it was colder, so  didn’t get any work done outside;  instead I did some work on the computer, then Jimmy came along and we admired the two chairs that have been done, from the comfort of the
Yacht Noreen
Hutte... and with a ‘cuppa’ and piece of millionaires shortbread.
The ‘Lite Lunch’ at Colinsburgh was excellent;   I had celery soup, with bread and butter pudding for sweet .... “Puku” was very contented.     And so was I.   It was a nice friendly ‘gathering together’ of folks from all three villages that make up the EKC Church.    The ‘talk’ at our table was centred around the damp state of Colinsburgh Church, and what action to take.    Any ‘remedial’ actions, and there are many needed, would be expensive;   cost that would be well beyond the congregation.    It will be interesting to hear what folk feel about Colinsburgh Church, at a meeting to be held, after Communion in Kilconquhar Church, on the 5th June.    With Kilconquhar and Colinsburgh being the Church I ‘joined’, not ‘iggzactly’ yesterday, I do have many happy memories of the auld place;   but much has changed since those far orf days.
Jimmy and I are going to Leven tomorrow morning;    Jimmy needs to do some
Preparing for the summer season
shopping, and have a latte in Sainsbury’s.    We have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon, so I’ll need to be ‘up’ and on the move early if I want to get some ‘work’ done.

Photographs : Top and Middle – the Dutch yacht ‘Noreen’ at anchor in Elie Harbour.   ‘She’ is a big yacht, and the out riggers make her look even bigger.    Bottom – preparing the RIB for trips ‘round the bay’ and out to the Kincraig Point.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....