Elie Deli and St Anne's fire .....

20th May 2016 (Friday) ....09.00     Wellll. ....we’ve got a ‘bright and breezy’ morning:  warmer than yesterday, the wind, F3-3 in strength, is from the
Orange Tip butterfly (Boy)
Westerly direction, and it looks like we’ve had a good spell of rain overnight, as everything is wet; this means it is not a morning for the garden.   Some of the clouds scuttling over do look slightly menacing, though I’d expect the sun to burn them orf soon.    I need a ‘plan’ .... a cuppa is required.    The afternoon will be taken up with eating Chris’s cake ... oops I mean celebrating Chris’ Birthday along at the Windmill;    anything else I want to do will have to be done in morning or evening.
21.30     Jim and I took “SD” over to Shell Bay woods for his morning walk, and we were lucky enough to be inundated with Orange Tip butterflies.    Orange Tips are hard to get decent photos of because they are awfie excitable;  however the sun went behind a cloud and one of them ‘posed’ for a while.    I got some reasonable photos but I suspect Jim will have been more successful;  he had his bigger camera with him.

Elie and St Anne's Fire damaged building
On the way home we saw a pall of smoke over Elie, which, to our horror, turned out to be the “Elie Deli”, and “St Anne’s” the flat above, being consumed by fire.    It was horrible.   Luckily, there were no injuries, but it will be horrible for all those concerned.    The High Street was ‘closed’ to all traffic, from 11.00 while the Emergency services dealt with the fire;  and was still closed five hours later when Jimmy and I came back from the Windmill.    It may well be closed all night.      The ‘closed’  A917, made a ‘Red’ warning on the BBC Traffic report .... something I’ll be happy to never see again.    I like our villages, calm and demure;  nae headline stuff!
It was Chris’ birthday today so Jimmy and I went along to help with the cake eating and important stuff like that.    Chris was in fine fettle, and enjoyed herself... and enjoyed her bit of cake I can tell you;  it disappeared faster than me when Maggie used
Jimmy and Chris
to shout ....  “Albert!”   And I can tell you, I could shift in those days!     I got a nice photo of Chris and Jimmy singing “Underneath the lamplight” ... a sort of historical song of yesteryear(s)..... it’s a strange ‘nae weelness’ is Alzheimer’s.

Photographs : Top – Orange Tip butterfly, Middle – the fire ravaged Elie Deli and St Anne’s, and Bottom – Jimmy and Chris singing “Underneath the lamplight!      Or could it be Chris saying... “it wisnae me”.... ?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....