Alastair's birthday ....

28th May 2016 (Saturday) .... 09.00      Hmmmmm .... it is overcast as was forecast, but, thankfully, the ‘Scotch Mist’ is absent, and  the sky is brighter than it was
Alastair's birthday cake
yesterday morning:   we may well get ‘sunny spells’ later, as is also forecast.
The “Environmental Action Group” (EAG) is having a Coffee Morning in the Church Hall this morning at 10.00;   I must phone Jimmy to remind him that it’s ‘on’.    Coffee Mornings are always good social occasions.... and it should be busy ... the villages are full, with this being the ‘Whit Weekend’.    Must ‘go’ ... ‘slight flap on mode’ has kicked in.
21.30     Once again we had another enjoyable Coffee Morning .... and I won a raffle prize.   I picked a Thornton’s chocolate snowman, because I like Thornton’s white chocolate.   Actually there wasn’t much in the way of chocolate after I’d clobbered it (the Snowman) with a toffee hammer.   It tastes good though.
Jimmy and I went down to the Sailing Club after the “CM” and had a bacon roll for lunch.    Dod came in and  we had a grand chinwag for about a hour.... while watching
Elie this morning
the ‘goings on’ at the harbour.   With this being a ‘holiday weekend’ there was much going on:   folk working on their boats, others just taking in the ambiance that is Elie and Earlsferry... on, what was by now, beginning to develop into a bonnie day.
When I got back to Ivy I decided to do a washing, and even thought about painting another garden chair.   The washing I did do ... the chair I did not.    I wasn’t sure if my neighbour was in ‘residence’ and if so I did want them smelling varnish should they decide to have a meal outside.    However I did prepare a chair:   and found out later that my neighbour had gone orf home yesterday!    Tomorrow, if the weather is as it is forecast to be, I’ll do the painting/staining .... after the early morning clouds are burnt back.    This reminds me, I’d better remember to bring in the washing before the dampness
Ivy Daisy
comes in from the North Sea.

Photographs : Top – It was Alastair’s birthday today, so the girls brought an ‘impromptu’ birthday cake to the table;   and sang “Happy Birthday”.    It’s that kind of place is Elie and Earlsferry.   (Check out the ‘cake’).   Middle – Elie Harbour today.    Bottom – a strange Daisy, that has ‘appeared’ in Ivy garden.     It’s not one of the ‘crimson tipped’ kind.     Maggie must have planted them, and this is the first of me noticing them!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....