Drop in Cafe .....

5th May 2016 (Thursday)  .... 08.15.    We have a nice morning, and the weather forecast is ‘bright sunny spells, and warmer’ so it looks like being a day for
The thirteenth fairway
doing things.   My immediate ‘plan’ is to ‘do’ the “Evelyn’s Bench” walk, this time with the I-phone/Tracker charged up, and, in my pocket.   I’m thinking;   if it does become warmer, how long will it be before the wind backs round to the East (it’s South westerly now) and we end up with haar?    Must go, “slight flap on” .... there’s walking to be done before Jimmy turns up for his morning cuppa!
22.00    It has been another beautiful day here it East Neuk, and. For me, it has been a very pleasant, and satisfying, one.    I did walk to Croupie, and Evelyn’s Bench, more or less following the same route as last time.... it was a quieter morning, and even more enjoyable this time:   the distance covered is only 4.1 kilometres, or 2.55 miles (it felt further the first time) a nice distance for a morning walk.     I went
The shelter being refurbished
over to the ‘shelter’, adjacent to the seventh and ninth fairways, that is undergoing a major refurbishment at present .... this is the first time the shelter has had this treatment, at least since Maggie and I did our ‘coortin’ there .. and that wisnae yesterday!    The shingle roof adds a real ‘touch of class’ to the auld place.    I got back to Ivy, in time to get the kettle ‘on’;   Jimmy arrives for his morning cuppa around 11.00.
On the way along to the ‘Drop in Cafe’ I went into the Bowling Club to pay my fees for the season.    Next week I must begin serious practice, because ‘M’ plays bowls somewhat mair accurately than I do!     Mine are accurate enough, only sometimes to the wrong rink!    The ‘Drop In Cafe’ was quiet this afternoon but we always manage to have a lively discussion about many things;   today’s subjects included Shakespeare, and how often I change my Hoover bag.   It’s well worth ‘Dropping In’ for a laugh.  
It looks like the weather is going to be ‘not bad’ tomorrow, though the wind is expected
Elie estate
to be light, but veer round to the North then East;   so it might be cooler on the North Sea Coast.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow though I might do some gardening in the morning, (there’s still a wee bit of space in the ‘broon’ bucket)..... as well as walking/biking.    Jimmy mentioned shopping so we might  go along to Leven.

Photographs : Top – The thirteenth fairway, Middle – the old ‘shelter’ being renovated, and Bottom -  cattle on Elie estate?    What breed?    Are they South Devons?.... I think they are brown.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....