Typical April Shower day ....

2nd May 2016 (Monday) ..... 09.00      When I first looked out this morning, at 06.15, it was grey but dry, so I thought... “shower, get dressed, put on a washing,
Elie this morning
then go out on the bike for a quick circumnavigate of the villages!”    Half an hour later, when I was ready to ‘go’,   the ‘dry’ had gone....  we now had ‘heavy rain’ !   So that ‘plan’ was put on the ‘back burner’.    The washing machine is ‘spinning’ so that will be ready to hang out in five minutes.... but not outside ‘cos it’s still raining though not quite as heavily.    The weather forecast is for the rain to clear away, to ‘windy with showers’.... so the washing might get hung out by lunch time.    Do you know what I’d love? .... six weeks of wall to wall sunshine,... and a hosepipe ban if necessary!
22.00     We ended up with a ‘bright and sunny’ day;    there were showers around, but none of them reached us, and, the washing, which I did hang outside, dried fine in the b
Earlsferry at evening time
risk westerly wind.    In fact it has also been ironed!    This has been a day for doing housewifely chores;  though I did go down to the harbour and the beach in the morning.... it was raining lightly at the time .... to get a few pictures of the overcast sky.     Living where I do, I rarely become ‘bored’;     as long as I can get out with a camera I’m happy.    Okay ... the weather can be a bit wild, and frustrating at times, but that happens everywhere, and even in the ‘bad’ weather our corner of Mother Earth is highly photogenic!
I went along to visit Jimmy in the morning .... he is having problems with pain when walking, and this morning he was in more pain than usual;   it might have been the wet morning, because he was feeling better when I went along later.    Pain can be very debilitating;  however we might get round to “Alice’s Seat” tomorrow morning if the
Elie at evening time
weather remains dry.
Early in the evening I went down to the beach for my evening ‘shot’ of fresh sea air;   jings there was plenty of it about... and it was cold.    I thought the forecasters said it was going to be warmer!   The weather forecast for tomorrow is mostly bright and sunny with April showers .... a nice day for doing stuff I’m thinking.     I need to go to Kirkcaldy, but I’ll leave that until the next rainy day... being ‘bright and sunny’, tomorrow looks like being a day for ‘action’. 

Photographs : Top – Elie beach this morning, Middle – Earlsferry at evening time, and Bottom -  Elie at evening time. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....