Hernia day ....

24th May 2016 (Tuesday) ...08.30     It’s a disappointing start to the morning, with the sky being overcast;   and heavy enough ‘overcast’ to give spits and
The Beacon, Earlsferry
spots of rain now and again.     However, there are a few ‘blue holes’ among the clouds so it might well clear away ‘in nae time’, and leave us with another day like yesterday.    In the meantime the painting is ‘on hold’.... as is  biking!
23.00     I can’t believe it.   Having spent three quarters of my life (hopefully) making sure I didn’t do anything strenuous enough to get a hernia, and I go to the surgery this morning and find out that working in the garden has given me .... yes,.... a hernia!    Actually I don’t think it was the gardening;   I suspect that taking the bike up steps to the shed was the cause..... it is a heavy bike.    The hernia isn’t sore, and isn’t even that big,.... but, and this is ever so slightly concerning. .... are hernia’s not something that old folks get?.... not whippersnappers! 
Elie Bay
I can’t believe how fast this day has gone past, and I haven’t done any painting.    After the Surgery I went round to Jimmy’s for a cuppa, then home via Elie Harbour.     I’d arranged to meet Jimmy up at the Boss’s Seat about 11.00, so got the bike out and spent the remainder of the morning sitting, admiring the views from various seats, all the way round Chapel Green and Dome Park area.  
The weather turned colder after lunchtime, and with the threat of showers still around, I decided to cancel the paining for today, and went along to Ardross to get some vital food for “Puku”.    I’d just got back to Ivy when Shona, who had been out on her bike, arrived, with sore legs, and desperate for a cuppa.    We had a mug of the Hutte Finest, while Shona brought me up to date with all the happenings in Kilconquhar.
In the evening Jim and I went along to Jimmy’s for our Tuesday blether... covering
Elie Harbour beach
numerous subjects, one of which was the Elie Friendship Lunch date.    Jim and Jimmy thought it was tomorrow;   this had me switching into immediate “major flap on” mode, because I thought that it was the Colinsburgh Lunch tomorrow.    As it happens it is the Colinsburgh Lunch tomorrow, so ‘flap mode’ is over!
The weather is forecast to be much the same tomorrow .... overcast and cool in the east wind.     It may brighten up later for a bit.

Photographs : Top – ‘The Beacon, Earlsferry, Middle – the villages (part of) from the Apple Rock at the harbour, and Bottom – Elie Harbour beach, with Elie Water Sports getting ready for a busy day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....