Elie Harbour pontoon ....

19th May 2016 (Thursday) ...10.30    There’s a change on with the weather this morning ....it’s colder and there’s dampness in the Easterly wind.    I’ve been out
Claypotts Castle
on the bike for some exercise, .... the weather forecast is for rain to reach us by mid afternoon.   I did what I call the ‘estate run’, which is a reasonable distance, with the relaxing sound, of various species of birds ‘singing’, all the way through the Estate.... I don’t know if it was the time of morning, but there seemed to be more of them (birds), and all were giving it laldie.   Perhaps they are looking forward to the rain.
20.30      If the birds were looking forward to the rain they got lucky, ‘cos it began to rain at 14.00 ish..... and it continued well into the evening time.   The rain meant that I was confined to Ivy most of the time, though I did go out to the ‘Drop in Cafe’, and down to the harbour, in the afternoon ... in the car.
Elie House
The new pontoon has been put in place at Elie Harbour, and should make access to vessels, safer, and easier.    It’s bigger than I thought it would be, and steady to stand on, though that might not be the case when there’s a wild sea running round the end of the pier.    I think it can be detached from the pier and  beached in winter.... just like the boats.   The new pontoon looks, and is, an impressive piece of kit.
This has been a ‘lazy’ day for me....  I know that everyone needs a ‘lazy day’ now and again, but it’s not really ‘me’.    I have done ‘things’ in Ivy and on the computer, but nothing much in the way of physical stuff.    Luckily, the weather forecast for tomorrow is better .... warmer, brighter and dry.... so I ought to be more active.    If it’s really nice I may go walking before breakfast (I wonder what Jim and “SD” are doing?.... then uncover the garden chairs etc later.   There’s a ‘romantic corner’ table that I need to paint before taking a photo, and, if the weather is suitable I may get
The Elie harbour pontoon
going with that as well... as well as uncovering the garden chairs i.e.
Tomorrow is Chris’ birthday and Jimmy and I are going along to the Windmill to devour some of Chris’ cake(s) .... and help Chris celebrate her birthday of course!     Jimmy is taking one along, and the Windmill makes one, so there should be plenty!... cake i.e.

Photographs : Top – Claypotts Castle ... last occupied by farm labourers in the late nineteenth century;   eventually handed over to State ownership in 1926, and now looked after by Historic Scotland, Middle – Elie House, formerly a private residence, then a Convent, and now private flats, Bottom – the new pontoon at Elie Harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....