Flying Scotsman

15th May 2016 (Sunday) ... 10.00    It’s not quite a ‘wall to wall’ blue sky, but it isn’t far from it;   it’s a beautiful morning!      I went out on the bike for some pre
Shell Bay road
breakfast exercise, biking 9.6 kilometres (5.97 miles).     Had I known that I was near the 10 kilometres mark I’d have gone ‘roond the Ferry;   which would have taken it over the 10k.... and the six miles mark.     I am ready for breakfast.
The ‘plan’ for the remainder of the day is to ‘work’ around  Ivy, though I have left the bike out in case I fancy a ‘run’ up to Kinneuchar Loch later.   I’d better go and feed “Puku”.... he’s grumblin’.
23.00    This has been another bonnie day, and, for me, productive:   at long last the rose bushes have been ‘fed and watered’.   The biggest job was removing the weeds from around the bushes .... so lots of scars from thorns.     However it’s worth a few scars, because of the fragrance, and colour, of the ‘roses’:   and, I’m beginning to ‘admire’ the garden again .... but it has been hard work.
Trophy winners
Janet, Clare and Lesley came along, to the Earlsferry Thistle Golf Club, in the afternoon, where Janet presented the “John Peters Memorial Trophy”, to the winners, Craig Hopkirk and Stuart Coulthard.     It is a friendly and happy event, with soup, sandwiches and banter.
While at the presentation Lesley mentioned that she knew the times of the Flying Scotsman journey through Fife this evening, and ... and this was the extra special bit, Lesley’s friend, Katie, would let us into her Dad’s yard, which overlooks the railway line in Kirkcaldy, and we could go along to get a photo from the yard.    It was arranged that I’d poodle my way along to Leven, then Lesley would take us to Kirkcaldy.
The yard was the perfect vantage point, in fact Lesley and Katie had one of the best views of all and got a beautiful video of the “Scotsman” passing.    Katie didn’t even
Flying Scotsman
know what the Flying Scotsman was, so I was particularly chuffed when I saw the video that she got...and she now has a beautiful memento, and most definitely knows what the “Flying Scotsman” is!     I was lower down, and took single ‘shots’;   the sun had set behind a cloud so the light was a wee bit iffy, but I’m happy ... I now have my own photo of the “Flying Scotsman”.

Photographs : Top – a double decker bus by the Shell Bay roadside, Middle – the winners of the John Peters Memorial Trophy, and Bottom – the “Flying Scotsman”.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....