Quiet day ....

21st May 2016 (Saturday) ... 10.30     Hmmmmmm .... It was overcast and dry with a few, short, sunny spells when I went up for the paper, and round Elie
Elie
Estate;   now  it’s overcast with occasional spits and spots of rain.    The weather forecast had us down for a bright and breezy morning but dry... with showers in the afternoon;   perhaps the showers have come in early, and we’ll end up with a bonnie evening.
“St Ann’s” and the Elie Deli” have been fenced off, and the High Street is open again.     There was a Fire Engine ‘on station’ all night, and there was one there when I went for the paper.     We take all our Emergency Services for granted, but it’s at times like this that you appreciate just how indispensable they are.... and how they go about their jobs with calm professionalism.     It will be up to engineers, and safety officers to decide when the ‘clean up’ can begin.     I like our wee
Quiet corner of Kilconquhar loch
villages quiet and serene, but, unfortunately, accidents will, and do, happen.
I had intended uncovering the garden chairs etc but I’ll put that on ‘hold’ until I see how the weather is going to go.
22.00    Apart from a couple of heavy showers, we’ve had a nice day... mind you I haven’t done very much.   I did take a load along to the re-cycling Depot, and I’d just began to uncover the garden furniture when the first shower came over so I abandoned that plan, and made myself a cuppa.     It had actually been a ‘thundery headache’ day, until that first shower came along, then... everything is fine.   The rain must clear the air.  I think it’s all associated with migraine:  that said I haven’t had one of those,  a migraine, for a wee while.
Jim and Myra came down in the afternoon, Myra bearing gifts .... tubs of ice cream, along with cones:   Jim was hoping to see the Yellow Hammer but it comes to the sun
Earlsferry beach this evening
flower hearts feeder, and it wasn’t out today.... because I’m trying to deter the Jackdaws, and starlings; and they particularly like sun flower hearts.   Anyway we sat in the Hutte and enjoyed our ice cream!   
‘Today’ is finishing with a lovely evening so I’ve been for a late wander down to the beach... and a few other folks had the same idea.   I spent a relaxing ten minutes, down at the tides edge, where little waves lazily flopping onto the sand.   Now I’m ready for bed and my book.

Photographs : Top – A tranquil Elie Harbour, Middle –Quiet corner of Kilconquhar Loch, and Bottom – Earlsferry at evening time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....