Christian Aid Coffee Morning ....

14th May 2016 (Saturday) .... 09.00     We have a beautiful ‘bright and sunny’, but  cool, morning.... a great morning for getting out and doing things..... like
Elie Harbour
biking along to the Christian Aid Coffee Morning.     Morning time will be ‘play’ time .... after lunch  will be ‘work’ time.     Exercise is included in the ‘work time’ part of the day ... that means I can go out ‘exploring’.     However it is unlikely that I will go ‘exploring’ today... I’m enjoying being able to potter around in the garden again. 
22.00     Ivy Cottage garden is a ‘high maintenance’ garden.... and it needed a lot of maintenance this Spring;  what has amazed me is the fact that I have actually got on with it, albeit taking ‘time out’ to play now and again.    Maggie was i/c the garden and I have kept it as she set it out mostly, though I have altered her ‘wild bit’, and turned it into a ‘quiet corner’... sometimes referred to as the ‘romantic corner’.    Maggie would be quite surprised at my efforts.... and perhaps even c
Elie
ommend the result.   There’s still much to be done but, I have reached the tunnel .... all I have to do is look for the light that indicates the other end!    Today I fed, and watered, the roses.
‘Morning’ time was really enjoyable, being spent at the Christian Aid Coffee Morning.      I got along there early so that I could visit the baking stall... and was lucky enough to get a ‘Gingerbread’.    The Raffle Stall was next on the list, followed by the Book Stall;   then finally a welcome coffee, and blether with the ‘boys’.     Jimmy managed to ‘do’ the Coffee Morning .... and came along to Ivy after for a cuppa in the Hutte after the “CM”.    Remember the Raffle Stall I mentioned?    I won something .... which is very surprising:   I look on buying raffle tickets as a donation.... and promptly forget about them.   Anyway, Ron, a
Elie Estate road
near neighbour delivered my ‘winning(s), another Gingerbread and a box of chocolates.    “Puku” is happy!.
Tomorrow I shall continue with the ‘work’... after I bike along for a paper and take a quick ‘run’ through the Estate on the way home.    That gets some exercise in ... that, and the ‘work’, means that my muscles are being moved in all directions..... which is why they’re sore at night!    The weather forecast is ‘good’ for tomorrow, but there may be more cloud around.

Photographs: Top – a serene looking Elie Harbour, Middle – “The Terrace” Elie, and Bottom – another part of the Elie Estate road.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....