Gardening day .....

7th May 2016 (Saturday) .... 08.30    We have a brisk Easterly wind, and hazy sunshine,  .....it isn’t that cold, but it would be a really warm day if we didn’t have
South Street Elie
the wind.    However we do, and will have an East wind for the next few days;  anywhere, away from the east wind is the place to be for decent temperatures;  Ivy garden is one such place.    And I’m going to be in it!   
I’ve just seen a Swift (Apus apus) flying over,....  Swifts are ‘birds of summer’, arriving in May and leaving in August.    If the swifts are here, should I get the  sun bloc, and shorts out?   
22.00      Although the East wind is an annoyance, it has been a nice enough day, as long as you are ‘out of the aforementioned wind’.     I went to Anstruther in the morning, then straight along to Kilconquhar to a ‘wee’ coffee morning.    The usual
Tulip
venue for this Coffee Morning was the Colinsburgh kirk hall, but ‘dampness’ problems means that Colinsburgh is no longer practical.     It seems a good enough move, because there was a ‘full house’ at Kilconquhar this morning.     Of course, all this gadding about meant that, in spite of my good intentions, there was not much in the way of gardening done in the morning.
When I did get back to Ivy I got myself into ‘working togs, and mode’ and  managed to get enough work done, before midday to give me the satisfaction of being able to say to Jimmy, that I’d ‘worked hard’ in the morning.  
The Blackbirds are feeding young now and both male and female are busy.... the female answers to “Scrawny Bag”, which is the name I, regrettably, chose for her.    When I go out I’ll say “I’m here Scrawny Bag” and sure as fate she turns up!    Now I wish I’d given her a decent name.... such as “Aphrodite” or
Tulip
something.    Mind you going out and saying “I’m here Aphrodite” ... that disnae sound iggzactly right ... does it?    Actually I think I prefer “Scrawny Bag!”     The male is called “You Midden”.    I’ll have to set up the camera to get some photos ... there’s plenty birds about.
Tomorrow I’m going to the kirk ... I need to go and get a pew leaflet so that I know when the Coffee mornings etc are ‘on’;  and, tomorrow may be a ‘coffee after the service’ Sunday .... An opportune day for me to claim back ‘my’ gallery!

Photographs : Top – South Street, Elie, Middle and Bottom – Ivy tulips.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....