Quiet day .... reflections

29th May 2016 (Sunday) ...  13.30    we have quiet, and peaceful morning here;   it is overcast, but it looks like the sun will break through soon.    What wind
The Toft from the bottom of School Wynd
there is (F1-2) is from the east (unfortunately), but being not much more than a sigh, it means we have reflections on still water, or did have earlier because there’s more of a breeze now.    I biked down to the Harbour, then up to Kinneuchar loch so I am well armed with ‘reflection’ photographs for today.
I was well ready for breakfast when I got back to Ivy:   where I found a phone message from Jimmy, so had a quick ‘breakfast’ then along to “No 10” to rescue his sticks from the car.    I had a cuppa with  him (Jimmy) then  went back to Ivy to stain a chair.    Luckily, just as I was thinking of making the supreme effort ... i.e. starting to actually work, Dod arrived so we had another cuppa.    We had just finished that cuppa when Jimmy arrived, so we had another cuppa.      I have yet to make a s
Elie Harbour
tart on the ‘work’ thing;   actually I’ve had a migraine, and the headache part has kicked in, so ‘work’ may have to be shelved until the pills take effect.    The weather is improving, the sun is breaking through, but the breeze is more of a ‘wind’ so it is cooler, and I have re-hung out the washing that wasn’t quite dry last night when I brought it ‘in’ off the line.
20.30     It has been a nice day, warm out of the wind;   more importantly my washing dried in ‘nae time’:   now it needs ironing.     The migraine was a bad one, and I ended up feeling ‘sluggish’ and had  a sleep in the Hutte for part of the afternoon.   This means there was very little ‘work’ done today.    I’ll have a ‘early night in bed with my book, and look forward to an active day tomorrow.    The wind is going to be light again so there will be more ‘reflection’ photos ‘there for the taking’;   I think I’ll try for an early start tomorrow
Kilconquhar Loch
morning..... If I get out biking early, I’ll be able to begin ‘work’ after breakfast.     The weather forecast for tomorrow is much as it was today;  mist and low cloud early, which will be burnt off, followed by a ‘bright and sunny’ afternoon;  although haar may be an annoyance..... as will pollution levels, from Northern Europe, according to some forecasters.

Photographs : Top – The Toft, Elie ... from the bottom of School Wynd, Middle- Elie harbour from ‘The Terrace’ Elie,  and Bottom – we had a placid Kilconquhar Loch this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....