Beautiful 'bright sunny and warm' day .....

10th May 2016 (Tuesday) .... 09.30   The weather is being very kind to us just now .... we have another bonnie morning, with wall to wall sunshine, and warm
East End of Elie High Street
....  however the easterly breeze will keep the temperature down to ‘working’ levels.     I decided to make ANZAC biscuits this morning, so I haven’t been down to the beach to see if the Gannets are feeding in the Bay, but I’m sure they will be.     Once the last batch of biscuits are done (in 10 minutes) I’ll get the bike out and go for a quick orbit of the village.    
22.00    The quick ‘orbit’ of the village ended up with me biking through Elie Estate to Kinneuchar, where I had coffee at Shona’s..... I was much in need of a drop of caffeine.    Shona had a ‘new’ Barnett’s Award Winning savoury bread .... it is really really tasty, and reminded me of New
Kilconquhar
Zealand muffins.    In New Zealand muffins are savoury, not sweet as we have them.... and not in paper cases;    just a plain old dollop of ‘muffin mix’ straight onto the tray and baked.     Mmmmmm, very tasty;   and, in a variety of flavours.   I must ‘Goog’ and see if I can find a recipe.... ‘M’ might get homesick for NZ muffins!
Jim and Myra were going to Anstruther in the afternoon:   I decided to give myself a rest from the garden and went to Anstruther.    Jim and I had a walk around the Harbour area, then met up with Myra, and took “SD” up to Kilrenny Common for a run ;  “SD” does not like walking ... especially on concrete.    On the way back from Ainster we went into the Pavilion where Myra treated us to an ice cream:  it was definitely an ice cream, rather than coffee, afternoon.     When we were sitting there, Anna turned arrived, also wanting an ice cream, then Mabel came round, walking Lucy (gorgeous poodle) so we ended up having a cosy chat in the sunshine.
Tomorrow I shall get ‘up’ early and continue with the garden work.... must make
Elie Estate
amends for this ‘lazy’, but in reality, enjoyable day.    The weather forecast for tomorrow... is ‘bright, sunny and warm’.     I’ve taken to using  sun bloc on my delicate nose:  when biking it gets burnt by both the wind and the sun.    I’m feeling tired tonight, but it must be the hot weather that caused it .... it wasn’t work.

Photographs : Top – East End of Elie High street, middle - Kilconquhar, and Bottom – lovely fresh greens on the Elie Estate road.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....