Cherry Blossom time ....

13th May 2016 (Friday) .... 11.00     It’s colder this morning, and less windy, but overcast .... at least it’s still dry.     I think it is forecast to ‘brighten up’ in
Letham Glen, Leven
the afternoon.... so I might get some outside work done.  

I’ve been to Leven to do a ‘shopping’;   I like to get that done early so that the remainder of the day is ‘free’.    On the way home I went into Letham Glen to photograph the, spectacular, Cherry Blossom:   by next weekend the ground will be a cherry blossom carpet.... the blossom, unhappily, is short lived.    I’m orf to have a cuppa before loading the car boot up with ‘rubbish’ for re-cycling.
21.30     It has been colder today, but still a nice enough day for getting things done.     The only part of ‘the plan’ that I didn’t get done was the re-cycling:   I went along to Pittenweem Re-Cycling Depot, with two bags of weeds/prunings, only to find that the D
Cherry Blossom
epot was ‘temporarily closed’... due to vehicle breakdowns.     The containers were ‘full’ and they didn’t have  vehicles to take the full containers away.    The notice also said that St Andrews, Cupar, and Methil were the next nearest Depots, but I’d imagine they would eventually have the same problem.    I know I’ve been tidying up the garden .... but it wisnae that bad!    I went to Jimmy’s for a cuppa.   The weeds?    They are still in the car boot:   I’ll have to watch that they don’t turn into silage!  
The weather brightened up in the afternoon, as per weather forecast.    I got the bike and went for a ‘run’ to the harbour, then up to Jimmy’s.    After a blether Jimmy  wanted me to accompany him out to Woodhaven Car Park ... by way of walking, with
Letham Glen, Leven
his ‘wheels’, for some exercise.   The sun had broken through the clouds by this time, but it was cold.    When we got back to No 10 we had a quick cuppa, then I went home to Ivy, by way of Elie estate;   stopping to take yet more photos of Kilconquhar loch, and kirk..
We have a beautiful, if cold, evening;   this makes me think that we might have a ‘bright and sunny’ tomorrow morning.     It is the Christian Aid Coffee Morning tomorrow:   when we get the answers to Brenda’s Annual quiz;   also home bakes, books and, of course coffee/tea.

Photographs : Taken in Letham Glen, Leven this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....