Kinneuchar reflected in the loch .....

6th May 2016 (Friday) .... 10.00     When I saw that there was hardly any wind this morning my first thought was “reflections”.... second thought “the tide’s
Kilconquhar
out” ... third thought .... “Kinneuchar loch!”.      After a quick shower and hauling some ‘claes on’, I had a sip at a cuppa,  got the bike out and meandered my way up to the loch;   it was just as I thought it would be, looked like a ‘mirrah’, so I am one happy boy this morning, having got my ‘reflection’ photographs.
The birds were giving it ‘laldie’ up there, including a Woodpecker drumming not far from the South Lodge.   I’m now well ready for breakfast, after which I’m going to do the lobby, kitchen, bathroom floors etc.   Off to have some Dorset muesli. .... this is going to be my summer cereal.
20.30    The temperature in Ivy garden was 19c at about 14.00 today;   then, within a couple of hours, the wind strengthened, and went round to the East:  the temperature
Kilconquhar
dropped....and if you were exposed to the wind it was cold.     Not so at midday.... I went out on the bike without a jacket;  the first time I’ve done so this year.
I’ve had a great day catching up with garden work .... it’s really enjoyable seeing it slowly get back into shape.    However,  the ‘romantic’ corner is in need of some attention to boost its amorous qualities..... I mean... a ‘romantic corner’ that isnae romantic is just a plain old corner!    Yes I shall bring all my ‘bower making’ skills into play tomorrow!    When it’s finished I’ll take a picture.
The tide was full in at 14.40 so I went out up to Chapel Green on the bike to get a few more ‘quiet’ photos:   I sat on The Boss’s Seat, ignoring the instructions that were swirling around my head, and just ‘fell apart’, for about 10 minutes, in the warm sunshine.    There were creel boats out so I pottered around with the camera for a bit then went home and back to the gardening.
Jimmy came in for a cuppa at 15.30 (ish):  he’d been out with Steve in the morning,
Kilconquhar
shopping and having coffee.
Apart from gardening, I don’t have much of a ‘plan’ for tomorrow.    The wind is going to be from the Northeast etc for the next few days so that will take the edge of our temperatures.   Ivy garden is sheltered, from that wind direction, so the wind won’t bother me.

 Photographs : all three taken this morning;   Kilconquhar reflected in the loch. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....