Elie scarecrows Day 2 ....

1st May 2016 (Sunday)  .....   “Happy May Day” to everyone ....   Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.   Albert Camus (French Philosopher)
10.00     Mmmmm ... we have, intermittent, light rain this morning, as was forecast;
Lorraine
   however the forecast also says that the weather will brighten up later:   and, it is warmer.    Hopefully I will get out on the bike;   I need to get amongst trees on ‘May Day’... to see new buds, and to feel ‘new’ myself.... amongst a host of ‘newness’.    Singing, dancing and eating cake, are ways to celebrate May Day:  I did the singing (in the shower), danced my way doon the lobby .... now all I need is ‘cake’!
22.00    The villages have been busy again today: the rain petered out about 11.00 which brought the folk out.     We even had a few, short, ‘brighter spells’, though it has been clouding over all evening..... leading to rain overnight, clearing a
Sailing Club Scarecrow
way by mid morning, after which it will be showery.   Water is not in short supply in Scotland.
I’ve had a quiet day.     Jimmy came along in the morning and we went down to the sailing Club for coffee, and a chat.   The harbour area was busy... the sailing Club has a ‘scarecrow’ on show, as does the Water Sports Centre.... which brought the ‘scarecrow hunters’ down to ‘our’ neck of the woods er villages,  to ‘tick’ off’ the ‘exhibits’.    The best way to see them all is by way of walking, and you get to see our villages at the same time.   Before the rain stopped there were scarecrow hunters doing the hunting by motor car.    It has to be said that yesterday was the perfect day for doing the Elie Scarecrow Festival.
‘M’ arrives for her holiday in five weeks, for a
Earlsferry this afternoon
three month break in Bonnie Scotland;  and will be staying at Ivy some of the time:   this is why I have been trying to turn the bedroom into a ‘boudoir’  ... a bit of a change from being a ‘man cave’.    From what I’ve heard, girls need mirrahs, and places to keep stuff.   And the spiders will need to be evicted!   (Apparently females don’t like spiders!)    I will move into the bunk bed!     Mind you that’s handy because the computers are in that bedroom.

Photographs : Top – Lorraine of ‘The Galley’ fame,  Middle – Sailing Club Scarecrow, and Bottom – Earlsferry this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....