Colder morning ....

11th May 2016 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    The first thing I noticed when I stepped outside was the temperature .... it’s noticeably colder, and that’s because
Elie Bay
theE wind has backed round to the Northeast.    That said, it is a bonnie  morning, but it’s back to winter ‘layers’ for this boy.

I took the car along to Elie when I went for the paper, and went down to the harbour.    Needless to say (but I’ll say it anyway) it was cold down there .... and quiet, with me being the only person down there.     I’m thinking that I’ll spend most of the day in the garden .... though I might go out on the bike in the afternoon, depending on how strong the wind is by then.


21.30     Luckily I remembered that the ‘History Society’ was having a ‘get together’ over coffee, at the pavilion this morning, so I got the bike out and went along to that.   We had a chat about various ‘local history’ subjects, and how the villages could ‘use’ this history.   I found it all interesting .... anything that promotes our villages is good.    That took me up to near enough lunch time.

Elie harbour
After lunch I got on with the ‘outside work’ which, today, consisted mostly of  tidying up the roses, ready for feeding etc.    I’m happy with progress ... although my muscles are not.    It was warm work, and at one point I almost felt that I had a touch of the ‘mauchless’ ..... I  had to have a cuppa to recover from this.    Two of my rose bushes, that the wind was walloping around today, will need proper stakes to hold them steady .... roses that I grow higher to better catch the sun.     
There’s a varied ‘collection’ of bird visiting the bird feeders now:   the ‘usual suspects’, Jackdaws, Blackies. Thrush, Blue, great and Coal Tits, Blob and Wren etc....  through to Gold Finches, Green Finches,  Chaffinches, and a pair of Yellow Hammers.    I’ll try to set the camera up tomorrow, if the wind isn’t as strong as it was
Elie from the pier
today.
Tomorrow morning will be ‘work’ time... I’m enjoying being able to catch up with all the chores after a year ‘out’.    Tomorrow afternoon we have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ ....therefore ‘playtime’ will be in the afternoon!    The weather forecast is for it, tomorrow’s weather, to be more or less the same as today’s, but maybe a wee bit colder

Photographs : Top – Elie bay, with Eider ducks in the foreground, Middle – Elie harbour, and Bottom – Elie from the pier.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....