Bonnie clouds ....

22nd May 2016 (Sunday) .... 11.00    We have a gorgeous morning here in the East Neuk.... perfect for ‘playing’ ... oops .. I meant working.    I’ve been biking, for
Earlsferry
‘exercise’, up through  Elie Estate, then to Chapel Green;  there are huge clouds around, and they have diverted me from the ‘working’ plan.    However I now have a fine collection of cloud photos for today (though I’ll keep my eyes on the sky) and I’m ready to work;  after another cuppa.
21.30     The  weather continued warm and sunny, with a lot of good clouds around, though I didn’t go out again until evening time, when I went down to the beach for my evening ‘fall apart’ session. 
The garden furniture has been uncovered, and, if the weather is ‘fine’ tomorrow I ought to get at least one or two of the chairs stained.    Then again if there are loads of b
Kilconquhar loch
ig clouds around I might get diverted.     I’ll begin the morning with a bike through the Estate, hoping to sneak up on the Roe buck again.   The song birds alongside the estate road were in fine ‘voice’ this morning;  especially the Mistle Thrushes, who were givin’ it laldie.   This reminded me that I should have been at the kirk!     The loch was quiet, apart from a flight of Tufted Duck who ‘dropped in’ right in front of where I was, stood staunin’, at the edge of the loch.
The temperature in Ivy garden was 20c at one point, very ‘summer like’ .... long may it continue.    There were showers to the East and West of us, but the only one that we’ve caught is the edge of one ... right now, as I type.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘bright and sunny’, with a light
Earlsferry
wind.   If the wind is very light I’ll go to the loch, before breakfast, to see if there are cloud/reflection photos to be got.... then go to the beach after breakfast.    The remainder of the day will be spent painting the garden chairs:   the table was painted more than the eighteen months ago.  
‘M’ has reported that there is snow on the hills behind Otaki ... and that it’s cauld:  the temperature is 15c.  This winter has been the warmest that they’ve had in New Zealand for a long time;  actually NZ winter temperatures this year,  have been pretty much what we get in summer!  

Photographs : Top – The west end of Earlsferry High street, Middle – Kilconquhar Loch, and Bottom -  clouds over the East Neuk.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....