Evelyn's bench ....

3rd May 2016 (Tuesday) .... It’s a bonnie bright morning, with a fair wind from the Northwest, making it cold when exposed to said wind.     My intention is to
Evelyn's Bench
spend some time working in the garden today, then go out on the bike when the wind moderates, later in the afternoon, and if  ‘April showers’ aren’t too frequent.    Before I do anything tiring, I’ll go for my morning walk on the beach, and take in some fresh ‘Royal Burgh’ air.
11.00     I certainly got my share of fresh ‘Earlsferry’ air this morning:  I extended my normal walk to take in Evelyn’s Bench, the new seat at the bottom of Croupie (above the 14th tee).   My phone was being charged, so I’ll have to do the same walk tomorrow to measure the distance accurately;   my rough guess is that it will turn out to be 5k.     There is one difference between a hip replacement, and a knee replacement.     With the hip you have to walk, or bike, everyday.    If you take a day ‘out’ your muscles stiffen up.... I didn’t find that  obvious with the knee.    Anyway, back to Evelyn’s Bench:   this seat/bench is comfortable to sit on, and has fantastic views, well worth the wee bit effort to get there.... I’ll have some refreshments with me
Looking West from Evelyn's Bench
next time.
22.30      ‘The Boy’ (that’s me) has had a busy enough day;   so busy that I didn’t manage to have ‘50’ in the Hutte in the afternoon, though I did finish one Soduko!     Most of the time I was pottering about in the garden,    Ivy garden always amazes me:   I practically did nothing to it last year, because I was either not here, or was unable to bend, and yet this year the garden rewards me with beautiful splashes of colour all over the place.... including ‘taraxacum officinale’, which didn’t thrive in Ivy garden under Maggie’s stewardship!    She couldn’t have had the ‘green fingers’ that I obviously have, because Ivy garden is a ‘golden paradise’ this year!     I am so proud of ‘me’ being able to grow something that Maggie couldn’t.    What? ... you think ‘taraxacum officinale’ is a weed ... and that Maggie weeded them out?   Does this mean that I don’t have ‘green fingers’ after all?  
13th green
The forecast for ‘ra morra’ is a bit ‘iffy’.... thick cloud with the chance of rain.    I had intended doing the “Evelyn’s Bench’ walk tomorrow morning, this time with the ‘Tracker’ switched ‘on’ but that will all depend on what the weather is ‘doing’.     However we do have the Friendship Lunch to look forward to tomorrow, no matter what’s happening with the weather ... ‘The Lunch’ is earlier this month because there are other things happening on the following two Wednesdays.

Photographs : Top – “Evelyn’s Bench”... Middle – the view, looking West from Evelyn’s Bench, and Bottom – the thirteenth green, with Kincraig cliffs, Earlsferry beyond.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....