Misty morning ....

30th May 2016 (Monday) ...10.00    I’ve  had a pleasant walk, ‘along the beach and roond the Chapel’, on what is a quiet misty morning;  which should turn
Wood pigeon
into a nice warm day, once the sun burns the mist off.    It will be a grand day for staining the chairs, though I’ll have to wait until the mist disappears:   can’t paint on damp wood.   Wellll ... you can, but it’s a waste of time and paint!    

I’m feeling brighter this morning, but not yet 100% .... the wind will have to change round to the West before that happens;  however I’m fit enough to do some ‘work’ things.

 21.30     Hard to believe but I did quite well as far as ‘work’ went today;  in fact I feel slightly tired, and will be glad to get orf to bed to read my book.  The weather did improve as predicted, and we ended up with a bonnie afternoon and evening, and I took advantage of it, mostly by way of weeding the steps up to the Hutte.
 I
Misty morning
did get the bike out to go along to Jimmy’s in the afternoon;   Jimmy has been struggling with ‘walking’ today;  he came along t Ivy, in the car, in the morning for a cuppa, but didn’t attempt his “Alice’s Seat” walk.    When Jimmy was leaving, a lad came up with two wee kids, one of whom was lagging behind, by about 4 metres or so.    Anyway when she got to about a metre short of where I was standing speaking to Jimmy she says to me “on you go”, so I stepped back to let her past... “on you go” she says again, so I stepped further back... “on you go” she said again:   I realised that there was no way this bairn was going to pass me unless I did the “on you go” thing;  she, a wee lassie about 4 years old  I’d imagine, was letting me past, so that she could go on up the pavement.     There was plenty room, to pass, Mum and the other wee one had already done so, but that was not the point;  she wanted to let me
Sunny afternoon
pass, and that was it!  Anyway off she went happy that I done as she wanted:  I suspect Mum or Dad, uses “on you go” at home!     It situations like this that you miss, when the village is ‘empty’ ....  and doesn’t have children in it.   She reminded me very much of Emily, my Granddaughter, at that age!    Now I feel auld .... Emily is now ... er....  twenty five (ish)!
This morning when I woke up I thought I’d ‘popped my clogs’;   I couldn’t feel any sair bits... nae pain, as in ... anywhere.    It just shows you how stressful growing old can be!  
Photographs : Top – Wood pigeon giving me the “wha ocht you ma laud” look, Middle – the Cockstail rocks on a misty morning, and Bottom – it was all ‘go’, in the sunshine after noon!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....