Gorgeous day .....

23rd May 2016 (Monday) ..... 11.00     It is a really nice morning, hence the lateness of the Hutte being updated:   I’ve been out on the bike (Elie Estate), and
St Ford railway bridge
dropped in to see, and have a cuppa with, Jimmy on the way home.    Now that I’ve had breakfast I think I’ll stain one of the garden chairs;   if I have stain.     If I don’t, have stain, it’s a quick trip to Leven.     No ... I’d postpone staining the chairs, and go to Leven on Wednesday when there’s 10% orf everything at B n Q’s;   there are other things I can do.   
21.30     I have been a busy boy today.... having stained two of the garden chairs.    The staining doesn’t take that long;  it’s  getting them ready for staining takes the time.   I have enough to stain another two of the chairs;  there are six altogether (and a table).... so I will have to buy another, small tin of stain, from B n Q’s on Wednesday.   I’m wondering? .... should I buy another big tin, and give the chairs two coats?    I’ll make my mind up on that before Wednesday.
Elie estate road
It has been a bonnie day, with plenty warmth in the sun, though there was the usual cool onshore breeze from the east, after midday.    I had the urge to go out on the bike but ‘I yielded not to temptation’ and did the chairs.    Jimmy came in for a cuppa in the afternoon;  we sat in the Hutte, chatted, and watched the birds.   This happened ‘between chairs’ .... I needed the tea break.
In the early part of the evening I biked up to Chapel Green because it was such a bonnie evening.    The East wind was quite cool at this time, but not cold enough to stop me sitting on the ‘Boss’s Seat’ for advice.    Maggie would hardly believe that I still use her way of thinking to get by:   any ‘problems’ I have, I just say to myself .. “what would Maggie do?”... and the problem is solved.    Not that I have many problems... but any I do have, I know where
Chapel Green Earlsferry
to get the answer.
It looks like being breezier tomorrow, and with the wind orf the East it will most likely feel cooler.    That said it is forecast to be a bonnie day, especially out of the wind;   in Ivy garden staining chairs, and drinking cuppas.    I’m tired tonight.... painting must be ‘hard work’!

Photographs :  The Railway Bridge at St Ford, Middle – another part of the Elie estate road, and Bottom – Chapel green, Earlsferry this evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....