Windy and overcast ....

2nd February 2024 (Friday)     08.30.... Funnily enough, although overcast and windy it's not


cold, but there is the chance of drizzle now and again;  not the most encouraging kind of weather.   I'm going to stay in and do a batch of Cottage Pies for the freezer, work on the computer.... taking 'time out' to have a run round the villages (in the car) at some point.    

11.00   Having defrosted a bag of mixed fruit, I could say that I've had a fruitful morning.   Now I'm wondering what to do with it.   Eve's pudding comes to mind: it should be apples instead of mixed fruit (I have apples), but I'm in experimenting mode so mixed fruit it will be.  It's playtime in the kitchen.

16.00   Eve's pudding made with mixed fruit? ... definitely not the best of my experiments in the kitchen.   It's a tasty enough way of having one of your 'five a day' I suppose; but I won't be in a hurry to use mixed berries again, instead of the traditional apples.  I'll have another small portion with custard before freezing the remainder for 'Emergency Rations'.   As occupational therapy it worked well enough; it left me with plenty dishes to wash.   Mind you I have been feeling 'under the weather' all day;  I'm blaming that on the weather.   It has been a funny day of weather... with bright spells appearing after being mostly heavily overcast, up till now. The forecast is 'good' for tomorrow.  


While 
peeling tautties for Cottage Pies, I noticed that Ferry Road has been busy with traffic.... presumably using the shortest access route to, and from, 'the rest of the Planet'.   I think I deserve another cuppa.

20.00    The wind has freshened and it sounds like we could be in for a breezy night; it's moderate in the morning and we're going to have a 'bright and breezy' Saturday.   I should get out if after I've done the Cottage Pies.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....