Quiet morning ....

23rd February 2024 (Friday)     08.15.... It's a nice, peaceful kind of morning, with a lot of


interesting clouds drifting over on a light breeze just now.   The wind will freshen and we should have a good drying day.... so I have a washing in the machine.  I'm having a 'rest and play day';  the 'play bit includes going out on the bike.... once the sunny spells arrive. It's not as cold as I expected it to be after seeing the gritter last night; tonight will most likely be frosty.

15.30    I worked on the computer until morrrrrrrrrning coffee time (11.00), after 'morning coffee' I went up to the roadworks at Broomlees to see how the job was progressing.   The section between the Ferry Road end and the Kinneuchar junction looks finished and we should have free use of it until the final section from Kinneuchar Station to Balchrystie is finished and re-opened.   I was going to bike down the Elie road but the bike battery was low so I took the shortest way home.   The battery has been charged and I plan to bike the Elie road tomorrow..... if it isn't frosty.


18.30    The film 'Yangtze Incident'  is the first film I have watched, from start to finish without falling asleep, for a long time.   I've seen it before and put the tele with the intention of being bored to sleep.   I got engrossed in the story and didn't even fall asleep when the adverts came on.   So my afternoon was spent watching the film and transferring DVD's.   It turned into an interesting afternoon..... but,  I'm tired now!


22.30    It has been  a funny old day for me;  I have enjoyed myself but this changeable weather is 'migraine weather'  and cramps my activities a bit.    It was a good drying day so the washing dried .... and means an ironing job tomorrow.   I've had my bedtime 'orlicks;  it's now time for a bit of reading.   The book I'm reading is about the Romans and Druids etc.... and bloodthirsty.   2000 years later..... and it's still the same  Homo Sapiens seems to be driven by the need to kill each other; and we have made progress with more sophisticated ways of doing that.  It's sad really. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....