Bonnie morning .....

16th February 2024 (Friday)    07.30.... It's a bonnie, peaceful morrrrrrrning.... and we should
 '95' bus ... when The Ferry was on the bus route.

have sunny spells in the morning.    Light rain is forecast later in the afternoon.  There's hardly any wind (no wind chill), and the air is warm;  I might take the bike for a turn up the road... after morrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee.    I'm looking forward to going out on the bike again.... it has been a long wet winter.  
08.30   The wind has freshened so there's a slight touch of wind chill now;  so I won't be going too far on the bike.  I've got it as far as the front door.... and I'm having a cuppa before I get togged up.  The battery is showing 4 (out of 5) bars so I could go for a decent run;  but I won't.  This is going to be a quick pootle around, to get 'back in the saddle' again.

12.30    I've been out on the bike for the first time since October.... and I enjoyed it.   Compared to the car, the feeling of freedom when on the bike is incredible.   Oh, the car is great for shopping and on wet days but there's nae pleasure in driving nowadays;  it's useful, but frustrating.  I see numerous photographs I'd like to take when in the car.... but there's nowhere to stop.   With the bike I can stop as often as I want.  Today I went up to Kinneuchar, then back to the 'Royal Burrow', had a cuppa,  then up to Chapel Green;  and I got some photographs to 'play' with later on today.   We have one 'happy boy' in Ivy Cottage.   


16.00    The bike has a fully charged battery ready for the next outing;  most likely to be Sunday, if the weather forecast is accurate.  When out on the bike this morning I stopped at Broomlees and got some photos of the ongoing work: the workmen were letting cars through and it looks like it will be 'open' for the weekend.   Once the section between the Broomlees junction and Kinneuchar junction is finished, we will be able to travel by Kinneuchar, until the bit from the Shell Bay junction to Balchrystie is done.


22.30    It's been a brilliant, Spring like day.... and, although kna ...er tired now, I have enjoyed it.  Being out on the bike makes me feel good;   I guess pushing oxygen round the auld body is good.   The weather will dictate when I go out;  hopefully there will be more of them now that Spring is just round the corner.   Tomorrow I'm going to Leven to go shopping and have morrrrrrning coffee with Alice. 
'Toblerone Row' - sometimes Glover's Wynd.

The weather forecast has us down for spells of heavier rain tomorrow afternoon.... but it might miss us.

I'm going to make the bedtime chocolate now and get off to bed after a very enjoyable day.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....